What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Changing Headlights - Warranty issue

renegade79

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows if you change any of the headlights or brake lights to non OEM bulbs does that affect the warranty or is it considered a consumable item and therefore would not fall under warranty anyway? This is the first car I have ever owned with a manufacturer warranty still remaining so I don't want to jeopardise the warranty in case I have issues later.

2retro

Reaction score
You'll be fine. Any problems, just stick the originals back in! :thumbup:

RCZ-R

Reaction score
tianorth said:
Aren't bulb wear and tear items and therefore not covered by warranty anyway?

what you say. but if the bulbs replaced by you are non-standard and cause any trouble to the components they are put into or to the car's electronics, any claims towards those affected components might be rejected by the manufacturer due to application of non-standard parts

2retro

Reaction score
RCZ-R said:
tianorth said:
Aren't bulb wear and tear items and therefore not covered by warranty anyway?

what you say. but if the bulbs replaced by you are non-standard and cause any trouble to the components they are put into or to the car's electronics, any claims towards those affected components might be rejected by the manufacturer due to application of non-standard parts
Yep, and like I said: Any problems, just stick the originals back in and play dumb! :eusa-whistle: