What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Chain tensioner

A

Anonymous

I am having the issue with the chain tensioner in the thp engines...it is being replaced under warranty. Is the replacement part an upgraded version of the tensioner?? Or is this going to happen again? Not great for it to wear out after 20k miles, when the chain should last 80k+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

It's under warranty but I don't want it to happen again...chain tension is critical, and I've seen what happens when it comes loose. Was wondering if anyone knew of it reoccurring?

A

Anonymous

Was also replaced last week under waranty 26200 km 156 thp

hanswuk

Reaction score
Rt25 said:
It's under warranty but I don't want it to happen again...chain tension is critical, and I've seen what happens when it comes loose. Was wondering if anyone knew of it reoccurring?

It has been modified and so the new version should last much better. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys...garage have had the car nearly a week, phoned today to tell me it's the chain tensioner, which was what I told them when I dropped the car off! Another 3 days for parts...lucky I have more than 1 car or I'd be stuffed