What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

CF Hood, Rear Boot and Roof

A

Anonymous

Ok guys, here's what's happening..

I approached http://www.robson-design.com/ and enquired about custom making Carbon Fibre parts for the RCZ (since it's a rare model, its hard to find ready-made aftermarket stuff for the RCZ)

I am looking to make the following for my RCZ(prices included in Singapore dollars):

CF Hood - S$1880
CF Rear Boot - S$1200
CF Double Bubble Roof - S$1500 (estimated, because I cannot get a confirmed price)

These are all REAL CARBON FIBRE parts (not the fake laminate that comes on some of the RCZ roofs)
First, a mold of the original part is made in Singapore, then the mold is shipped to Japan to make the CF parts, then the parts are shipped back to SG.
The price includes the mold, shipping and installation (for any car in Singapore).
Turnaround time is 10 to 12 weeks per batch.
the Real CF roof from the agent in UK or something is already 1600 pounds I think... so this is actually half the price!

What's even more awesome is that you can choose from the following colors of Carbon Fibre.. all the same price:

Now here is the problem.. they need a minimum order of 5 parts (eg. 5 hoods or 5 roofs) to make it! hahaha (it gets cheaper at 10 pieces)
Thats why i need your help! Anybody wanna group buy with me? Don't have to order all 3 items, as long as 5 people want the roof for example, then we can jump on that..
Spread the word! Lets get some orders! If you reside outside of Singapore, they can ship the part separately to you from Japan after it is made.. shipping costs would be additional thou..

A

Anonymous

From memory I paid approx £1400 for my carbon roof from Peugeot, when the car was built. Not sure how this price compares to your Singapore Dollar ? I have to say that it looks good, but I don't think that I would choose to have it anywhere else though.

A

Anonymous

Ahh, conversion rate is is £1 to S$2, so this one is kinda half price with an order of 5 pcs...
Although original will be better, they do not offer it in all countries.. =( hence this post! haha
Robson Design specializes in turning entire super cars into carbon fibre, so I'm guessing their quality of work should be decent!

A

Anonymous

yup xzibit is right.. ebay would be a good choice for wing mirrors...

A

Anonymous

I am getting my wing mirrors and my spoiler vinyl wrapped with carbon fibre weave next week. Total cost £95. Should look good. I am also thinking about getting internal plastics done.

A

Anonymous

308 State said:
I am getting my wing mirrors and my spoiler vinyl wrapped with carbon fibre weave next week. Total cost £95. Should look good. I am also thinking about getting internal plastics done.

can you show some pictures,when the job is done. :)

A

Anonymous

Best 1s I have at the mo posted on here before

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330457197.920321.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330457197.920321.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 2,777
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330457219.010537.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330457219.010537.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 2,777
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330457300.181449.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330457300.181449.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 2,777
A

Anonymous

Scary to let anybody other than Peugeot official to take your roof off and mount a third party roof over it.

A

Anonymous

kkrcz said:
Scary to let anybody other than Peugeot official to take your roof off and mount a third party roof over it.

kk its just a pvc covering thats removable but mind you after removing it you would probably need the original roof resprayed :eusa-think: