What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Carpeted wheel arches?

A

Anonymous

On closer inspection of my new Z today, I noticed that the rear wheel arches have a carpet-like material covering them. Am I the only one who thinks this was a really odd idea on Peugeot's part? I remember how much snow / salt / dirt got into the wheel arches on pretty much every car I've owned come winter, and cant' see this stuff being very easy to clean :eusa-think:

RCZ1

Reaction score
A lot of cars have them these days. It's due to sound proofing. Personally, I've not found them a problem and are very easy to keep clean, even in winter.

I'd recommend using Gtechniq I1 Smart Fabric. It's a fabric coating which can be used on soft tops, car mats, clothes even - all sorts of uses including the carpet material in the rear wheel arches. Spray it on and brush it in (with a long handled brush in order to reach all areas) ensuring it's all covered.

http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/in ... rt-fabric/

I've coated a paper tissue with this stuff, made sure it was well rubbed into all fibres and left to dry. I then put some drops of water onto the tissue and it just beads the water. It won't soak in. Just rolls around on the tissue. It's amazing stuff really :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
A lot of cars have them these days. It's due to sound proofing. Personally, I've not found them a problem and are very easy to keep clean, even in winter.

I'd recommend using Gtechniq I1 Smart Fabric. It's a fabric coating which can be used on soft tops, car mats, clothes even - all sorts of uses including the carpet material in the rear wheel arches. Spray it on and brush it in (with a long handled brush in order to reach all areas) ensuring it's all covered.

I've coated a paper tissue with this stuff, made sure it was well rubbed into all fibres and left to dry. I then put some drops of water onto the tissue and it just beads the water. It won't soak in. Just rolls around on the tissue. It's amazing stuff really :thumbup:

Oh Kerry you take car cleaning to the extreme sometimes! Who honestly is going to be sticking their heads under your wheelarches to see if they're clean or not???? Jeezo :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
donnaj1dlh said:
RCZ1 said:

Oh Kerry you take car cleaning to the extreme sometimes! Who honestly is going to be sticking their heads under your wheelarches to see if they're clean or not???? Jeezo :lol:

Me, for one ! As I said, it makes cleaning them very easy, even in the middle of winter when all sorts of crude gets thrown up in wheel arches and where road grit/salt can linger causing rust. Keeps me amused :)