What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Carmarthen West Wales.

A

Anonymous

Hi guys :wave: im based Carmarthen West Wales yes (bandit country) :lol: seen a few RCZ this week and all at 6.30am as coming home off night shift,love to know if any of you owners within gods county would care for a small meet sometime??? nothing drastic i promise :clap: ,just boring chats about RCZ tuning,exhausts and women :sleeping-yellow: perhaps if you are a lady driver then we can even chat about J.Clarksson :shock: there must be a few of us down the Wild West :helpme: id even concider chatting to you jacks :thumbup:
Leave a message you never know it may turn out to be good one,
Also could be a very good chance for prospective RCZ buyers and admirers to have a chat with actual owners not salespeople.
Aled. :wave:

A

Anonymous

"concider" chatting to us jacks , :lol: us civilised jacks would say CONSIDER, you really are down in the wild bandit country m8. ;)
A meet down this end of the woods sounds good but do you have tarmac down that that way yet. :lol: :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Nice one,sorry spelling never a strong point :eusa-think: couple of roads tarmaced for you southeners to stop you complaining about suspension issues :lol: for some strange reason seeing a few RCZs on the A40 at the moment,none appear to live in the area,will keep looking at site,perhaps if we can get a few of us interested we could meet,great to exchange some views,car down in Phillips Bynea last week for minor repair,but did not stray over the bridge ;) :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I've only had mine for about a month, no real "issues" with it yet just a totaly different driving expererience to my previous car, lots more toys on it so it's a bit of playing around and learning as you go.

Still get a bit embarrassed with the staring and pointing. Thing is there's not that many around this area, i just keep seeing a Pearl white one all the time and my son has seen a shark grey passing through once or twice.
I like it like that, as it keeps them a bit special.

I will be taking mine in for it's 1000 mile check soon, so it will be my first time experiencing a Peugeot service department, i've heard good and bad about Peugeots service departments, so we will see ? I will be mentioning the "corrosion issue" inside the mirrors that has been posted on here, i have'nt seen anything yet on my own RCZ, but it is a concern.
I didnt buy my RCZ from my local dealership, i went up to Perrys of Milton Keynes, but it's a bit far to take it for a check up really. :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Mine currently on 6.5k,took it back to Howards Carmarthen for its free 1k check,no issues,however did take it to Phillips Bynea Few weeks ago as it needed a self inflicted repair (i reversed car out of garage damaged the electric mirror)Both garages ok,the service manager Bynea is a petrolhead so would recommend if close to you,they are a small garage and they have had few RCZ in the garage to service as yet.
My only gripe with the car is when you start first thing i often hear a ticking almost tappety noise,i did take it back but Dealer but they confirmed the noise but stated this was common on some engines but not to worry,but i will keep an eye.

A

Anonymous

I would agree there, i think the RCZ engine (i have the 156) is not the quietest engine in the world, in fact tick over is a lot louder than my previous car.

It's a strange one really, from inside the car i find i cannot hear the engine at all on tick over, really nice, however outside, especialy while it's ticking over on the drive i find it can be quite "tappety", i also feel the road noise can carry through the cabin a lot, but i do have the 19" inch wheels, so i think this is adding to that.

A

Anonymous

My previous car was a mk5 Golf gti,i do prefer the RCZ i think the chassis is better positioned,bottom end to mid range the RCZs gearing is more well suited,but due to the RCZs smaller capacity engine the Golfs superior mid range top end is slightly better and sadly the RCZ will not match that,however talking to the service manage at Bynea i stated that i read reports that there was a 210TSP on the cards in 2012,he smiled and stated perhaps 250,sadly he would not comment further.
Check your tyre pressure fairly often,i run 18inch on my Sport but i notice the pressure will vary,i do check from cold but i find each time i do check there will be a variation on the front two corners,when checked i find the driving manner improves,i also run on Shell Vpower,made a comment on the forum recently no real power gains but engine more free reving and consumption is slightly better,i have seen over 40mpg frequently,and my commute between Pembrey to Carmarthen twisty A class i see late 30s so no complaints there.

A

Anonymous

I've seen some good reviews on the Shell vpower. Might give it a go.