What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Car foam equipment

G81

Reaction score
I like the idea of car foam before washing my car. Any recomendations on the equipment and products? Does it fit onto a regular jetwash? :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi G81

It really is the way to go as part of your car washing process.

Don't power wash your car first just fill the foam bottle with snow foam, a bit of shampoo if you want and add water. Attach the foam lance to your power washer and away you go. If applied properly, it will clean all the dead flies straight off your car without you having to rub to get them off - thus reducing the amount of damage to your paintwork. If you have stubborn dead flies or other marks that won't come off you can always snow foam for a second time - which a lot of people do and don't actually do a "contact" wash of their car. Snow foaming is enough or you can use the second application as your shampoo and wash the car as normal - don't rinse it off.

Links to snow foam here
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-a ... at_67.html

Links to a foam lance - you can specify the attachment for your particular make of power washer.
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-a ... d_371.html

Links to a Gilmour foamaster - I think you can use these without a pressure washer but I've not tried one of these.
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-a ... d_329.html

Hope this helps.

G81

Reaction score
Nice, thanks RCZ1. I normally use a clay bar to remove dead flies, but would much rather try this out. My neighbours are gonna definetely think I've gone crazy (if they havent already!)

RCZ1

Reaction score
Claying is good, but snow foaming is so much fun and really does a good job - you won't be disappointed. :)

FGRob

Reaction score
To be honest if you have a good wax on the car the insects will just wash off with a mit, I've never had problem with the 2 but then again I do run a bra :wave: :wave:

Rob.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Brooktop said:
Can you use something like this http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-a ... d_370.html with a normal pressure washer?

You will need the foam lance too. You can't use it without.

FGRob said:
To be honest if you have a good wax on the car the insects will just wash off with a mit, I've never had problem with the 2 but then again I do run a bra :wave: :wave:

Rob.
If you have the right dilution of snow foam in the lance and a mix of shampoo if you want, it should take all the dead flies off. You don't really want to be rubbing at the flies as that will just introduce scratches, which you don't want. If the snow foam does not fully remove them and/or you can use bug and tar remover, which you spray on, leave for a few minutes, then remove and the dead flies will be gone.

G81

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
If the snow foam does not fully remove them and/or you can use bug and tar remover, which you spray on, leave for a few minutes, then remove and the dead flies will be gone.

Is that the same as a citrus cleaner?

RCZ1

Reaction score
G81 said:
RCZ1 said:
If the snow foam does not fully remove them and/or you can use bug and tar remover, which you spray on, leave for a few minutes, then remove and the dead flies will be gone.

Is that the same as a citrus cleaner?

Its similar - but does the same thing in reality.

FGRob

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
FGRob said:
I do run a bra :wave: :wave:
Rob.
If you have the right dilution of snow foam in the lance and a mix of shampoo if you want, it should take all the dead flies off. You don't really want to be rubbing at the flies as that will just introduce scratches, which you don't want. If the snow foam does not fully remove them and/or you can use bug and tar remover, which you spray on, leave for a few minutes, then remove and the dead flies will be gone.
I don't get flies on the front - I just wash me bra :lol: :lol: So all I clean is the windscreen and wing mirrors. ;)

The downside to using a bra is they don't like wet that much plus they don't make one for the RCZ, :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm more worried about stone chips than dead flies I thought about the 3M film but not sure yet. :geek:

Rob.