What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Camera Detectors - anyone got one fitted?

A

Anonymous

Just asking - i know lots of forum members have the SAT-NAV system - but had anyone bought and use a specific Camera Detector device.
I use - and have one wired into car - a Camera detector - Snooper S4 (look up on the web). Its been good for me for years even in my previous Peugeot. I works of Satelite, has a voice, and i update the module of the internet.
With the power of the RCZ's - in whatever spec. - I thought it a good idea to have one. Must have saved me £'s over the years.

Any thoughts from the Forum - on what they have . I notice there is a new 'Snooper' out - the 3ZERO GPS - any ideas?

A

Anonymous

actually they are currently legal and have been so for a while. however, it is most likely that they will be made illegal in the near future.

i can't remember the exact specs of the snooper, but make sure it has a detachable laser detector so it will be future proof.

I got myself one of these:

http://www.novus-gps.co.uk/Novus_Alpha.php

and have been v happy with it. In the RCZ, if you stick it on the dash for a minute to get the satellites, you can then put it in the slot under the ashtray and it will work fine. I notice you are in Nottingham - that web site link i sent you is Nottm based and the guy was v happy for me to pop round and have a look at diff models and see how they would fit in the car

hth

dave

A

Anonymous

Hi

The detectors are legal and likely to be for lifetimes - the snoopers are all GPS. Sat. orientated detectors are legal - its the old type laser and radar type that are illegal - but even the ban on these is still riddled with ifs and buts.
However the snooper S4 and the new zero are top of the range stuff - totally GPS.
I have included the following extract from way back in 2005 - since then GPS and other devices have now saturated the market.
Just thought i would add the article to alleviate any fears:
Under the governments Road Safety Bill, all stand alone and integrated devices that use radar or laser to warn the driver of mobile speed patrols will be outlawed.
"The only systems deemed legal under the proposed legislation will be those systems which rely on satellite technology to provide the driver with an advance warning of speed enforcement areas.
The market for in-car driver aids has exploded during the past 18 months as the number of fixed road safety cameras jumped to well over 5000. During 2004 an estimated 3 million fixed penalty fines were issued with thousands losing their license in the process. It is conservatively estimated that the number of vehicles carrying radar or laser detectors stands at over 500,000. "

Well this has been well surpassed since 2005 and sales continue on variations on an upward scale.

Russell

A

Anonymous

I use my Tom Tom with the camera database from PocketGPS.COM

Davie

Reaction score
I Have had a Cyclops for2 years works very well,no false alarms,the RG4 3d doesnt give mobiles and the safety cameras give false readings.I have contacted Peugeot,about this NO UPDATES!.