What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Calais

A

Anonymous

Get in there my car is in Calais :dance:
Can anyone advise me how long its grenerally been taking from there? :helpme:

As soon as the car is ready to pick up though i am taking to my mates bodyshop :thumbdown:
so i will have an even longer wait :( :(

Thanks to markkaren on this forum i had to copy the paint job on the arches

A

Anonymous

I was informed my car was in Calais on the 4th Oct. It was delivered to the dealers this Tuesday (12th). Hope to take delivery soon. Based on other peoples experiences it can be 2-3 weeks from Calais to you.

Kev

A

Anonymous

thanks mate, i will think 2-3 weeks so i am managing my expectations. i just hope my private plate is dealt with quickly

A

Anonymous

Hi James
The timings are totally erratic, some people getting their car within 6 days of it arriving at Calais and some having to wait 2 weeks from there. What I will warn you is that most people awaiting those sloths known as DVLA have had to wait nearly as long again for the transfer so sit back, put your feet up and relaaaaaaaxxxxx :sleeping-yellow:

A

Anonymous

oh no dont say that mate, are DVLA that bad. im afraid to ask how long on that

A

Anonymous

I had a private plate on my car, my dealer did it all. ( Peugeot). He did everything on his computer, no problems and very quick.
:D

RCZ1

Reaction score
If you want to get your hands on your car quickly, I would suggest taking it with the 60 plate whilst waiting for your plate transfer to come through :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
If you want to get your hands on your car quickly, I would suggest taking it with the 60 plate whilst waiting for your plate transfer to come through :thumbup:

i have just been advised by dvla that because its not a trnsfer and the plate is new, then they can register it from new and there wont be a delay, can anyone shed any light on that

A

Anonymous

I'm hoping mine will be the same scenario as I've bought a plate from a list available in N Ireland which doesn't have to first be registered in England then transferred :thumbup: . I was told this was the hold-up if buying an English plate but that's not really any help to you. Sorry! :( :oops: :thumbdown:

RCZ1

Reaction score
jamesgx05 said:
RCZ1 said:

i have just been advised by dvla that because its not a trnsfer and the plate is new, then they can register it from new and there wont be a delay, can anyone shed any light on that

They are right then - you shouldn't suffer the delay as its not being transferred from one car to another. Good on yer :!: