What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Cable replacement for Sat Nav screen fault

A

Anonymous

Hi,

My 1st post here but I hope to have a solution for the flickering screen problem that my RCZ and many others seams to have.
The issue with mine was almost defiantly the cable between the Head Unit and the screen as it only flickered when this cable was wobbled.

I spoke to Peugeot and they said the repair was £1500+labour stating the cable wasn't available as a spare part - great more expense I thought.. So I looked on this forum and much the same answer unless I wanted to learn soldering and I didn't fancy waving a soldering iron about inside my car.

I was browsing an online auction site where I came across a cable from PSA group that looked almost exactly the same as the ones photographed here!!

These are the part numbers: 9662391180

The plugs:

The only issues are as follows:
The 90 degree bend end of the cable is bent the wrong way to the RCZ's, thus it will fit but you can't get the head unit back in to the car lol - solution remove it.
The straight bit on the other end is to long to fit the screen side so again remove the metal on the outside - easy.
The cable will fit through the hinge area of the screen lid but it is a little tight so take care.

The cable is from a Pug 407 or a Citroen C5.

My screen now works 100% as it should 3 weeks after doing the repair.

Hope this helps anyone out of warranty!! :beer:

alialsukar

Reaction score
Dear Sir,

Kindly send me photos of the cable PN 9662391180 and photos of how you fixed the problem as i am facing the same issue,

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

My 1st post here but I hope to have a solution for the flickering screen problem that my RCZ and many others seams to have.
The issue with mine was almost defiantly the cable between the Head Unit and the screen as it only flickered when this cable was wobbled.

I spoke to Peugeot and they said the repair was £1500+labour stating the cable wasn't available as a spare part - great more expense I thought.. So I looked on this forum and much the same answer unless I wanted to learn soldering and I didn't fancy waving a soldering iron about inside my car.

I was browsing an online auction site where I came across a cable from PSA group that looked almost exactly the same as the ones photographed here!!

These are the part numbers: 9662391180

The plugs:

The only issues are as follows:
The 90 degree bend end of the cable is bent the wrong way to the RCZ's, thus it will fit but you can't get the head unit back in to the car lol - solution remove it.
The straight bit on the other end is to long to fit the screen side so again remove the metal on the outside - easy.
The cable will fit through the hinge area of the screen lid but it is a little tight so take care.

The cable is from a Pug 407 or a Citroen C5.

My screen now works 100% as it should 3 weeks after doing the repair.

Hope this helps anyone out of warranty!! 🍺
Thanks for sharing I’m sure that will help future owners

Greg

Reaction score
This is a very useful post. Please will the poster find an alternative way of uploading the photos as they cannot be viewed by the readers.

Jerve

Reaction score
Hi all - Re: flickering sat nav screen with cable fault.
I just had my RCZ 2013 cable replaced by PeugeotPartsForSale.com based in Wigan .£110 posted Screen with cable and returned working perfect within a week- great service.
See them on Ebay. 👍

alialsukar

Reaction score
Hi all - Re: flickering sat nav screen with cable fault.
I just had my RCZ 2013 cable replaced by PeugeotPartsForSale.com based in Wigan .£110 posted Screen with cable and returned working perfect within a week- great service.
See them on Ebay. 👍
thank you. photos are not openning,

Iainbor

Reaction score
There is a guy in Durham with a business called Crazy LEDs who fixes these or supplies new cables. He also sorts out the high level brake lights. Was very quick and efficient.