What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Buzz/whine/interference sound

A

Anonymous

I can hear a rather annoying sound in the cabin when the stereo is off that reminds me of electrical interference hum that old unshielded car stereos used to generate. If the stereo is on that music drowns it out but in an otherwise quiet cabin I find it really noticeable and its bugging the hell out of me.

The car is a petrol 200gt so has the airbox sound engineering pipe thingy which I wondered could be the issue but the sound doesn't remind me of induction noise, it's more hum/electronic than that. It does rise in pitch under load (so may be related to the induction noise) but occurs even on light throttle when no induction roar is audible.

When I press the stereo off button I wonder if the amp is really shut down or does that source merely get muted and so the amp is still powered. Any clues? If the amp really never shuts down I could understand why the hum exists all the time. Is the stereo on a fuse of its own that I could yank out to check?

anyone else hear this type of noise or have any suggestions (apart from turning the music up!). It really sounds like crap cable shielding to me but I thought modern electronics were way beyond the early 90s vehicles I recognise this sound from!

RCZ1

Reaction score
Sounds to me like it could be the air con/CC coming out of the front vents (along the bottom of the widescreen). I and others have noticed this sound when the stereo is turned off. It's worse if you have only A/C set and it's at a high speed setting.

A

Anonymous

I hadn't considered cc blower motor buzz as it sounds the same pitch whatever the cc is doing but I'll turn that off and see if it disappears. Thanks.

tianorth

Reaction score
I though it was wind noise at first and was trying to find which window it was coming in from :oops:

I usually do not have any music on and the first time I drove my RCZ it took me ages to figure out that it was the fan speed. Try turning the fan off and see if that stops it.

asphalt

Reaction score
I have the same electronic irritation buzz. It seems like a certain position of the throttle. It occurs at different speeds.
My RCZ has 200hp with Connect 3D.
In my opinion it has nothing to do with the fan or AC status.

Did you find the source?

A

Anonymous

I turned the ac off and it persists. I think I'll take the fuse out the stereo as it still sounds like the speakers are powered when the stereo is off and are generating the noise. Failing that if it's not too hard to do I'll block the sound box pipe in the engine bay and see if it's that causing it.

asphalt

Reaction score
I have the same irritating noise. In gears 4,5,6 when I only give a little bit of throttle. I noticed in another discussion something about the fuelpump. But my noise is not continuous. Shutting down the AC or muting the 3D connect (impossible to turn off) has no results.

200bhp 2012.

A

Anonymous

I've had an annoying sound in mine this morning but as soon as I left the wife of at work it stopped ;)

A

Anonymous

That sort of whine is much louder and tends to intensify nearer to birthdays, anniversaries and anytime you're planning on doing things on your own!