What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

BULL BY THE HORN'S

A

Anonymous

Morning guy's, :wave:
just had a week off back to my dreaded night's Sunday,anyway cut to the chase,spent yesterday driving my partner's new Toyota Aygo,small funky 3 cylinder(almost sound's like a small V6),anycase she has family all over West Wales,during my ordeal,i visited four Peugeot dealer's and popped the question,(what can you tell me about the revmp on RCZ 2012),explained i already had a 2010 model and intended to change next year.
Very mixed reponse,two dealers stated they have heard there will be revamp but no details,one tried to sell me a current 2011 model on a good discount,one stated as far as he was concerned there are no changes,but could also make deal on current model year :eusa-think:

Am i slightly paranoid or do i sniff a change in the air,not that i would, but common sense is telling me at this moment in time perhaps not go for the current model,and as stated on many topics,September could be very intresting with the 2012 model year appearing :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

I would hang on if I were you there is going to be a facelift in 2014 most likely so you dont want to get stuck with a 2012 model do you.......

RCZ1

Reaction score
I don't think there are any changes going to happen in September this year. The news we have is that there will be a facelifted model from the end of 2012/beginning of 2013. I think you are jumping the gun a little :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

I would like my new Pearl2 to be NEW for a while at least. No facelift please Peugeot.

A

Anonymous

Peugeot model facelifts run in a roughly 3 year cycle with model replacement every 6 or so years.

Dealers have been give no information by Pug that there will be a facelift and none of my contacts at pug who are working on 2012 cars have seen anything on an RCZ facelift.

My showroom Asphalt is being built late sept/early oct so by your calculation it is a 2012 model. Visually it is exactly the same as cars built before sept....well except for the funky matt paint job and the nice leather :D

A

Anonymous

I predict a 2013 or 2014 facelift.

and I say ignore the design of the new peugeot 408 that will not happen on the RCZ unless its an all NEW car which the RCZ is no way near that part of the product life cycle (business talk there people lol).

Currently the RCZ is in Maturity / extension section of the life cycle because the sales are at there highest requiring little to no advertising to get the sales.

However now the Asphalt Edition is acting as a mini extension program because it is trying to gain more of the publics attention that the RCZ exists, though this is not a true extension program because this usually entails a facelift like the 308 has received recently.

the car industry tends to run for 5-8 years depending on the car, which includes facelifts or as I call a mid-life crisis to increase attention to the car once again but usually no more than new lights because this will reduce the damage to residuals to the cars second hand market that would damage the sales of the facelift because people will say, why should i pay this much when I can get one with older style headlights for 5 grand less new.

I would expect possibly black headlight surrounds, LED's and some minor changes to the interior and thats about it.

(EDIT I apologise for the business talk for doing business at university I do this more often when business is involved lol)

A

Anonymous

Anyone know when the Paris motorshow is :eusa-think: that may give an indication which way the RCZ is going,if you guys think there will be no changes and thank's for input :thumbup:then makes common sense to keep RCZ for the extra six months after March 2012,no issue with that as currently nothing to match its chic look's,it will give me and other owner's to look and read evaluation's at the forthcoming Audi A3,Golf mk7,and other coupe's due in 2012.

The only annoying factor is almost everyone appears to have heard rumours of minor changes,but that's the motor industry for you,but then again look at the new Mk7 Golf,appearing a year or so earlier and that's a fact.

A

Anonymous

The only annoying factor is almost everyone appears to have heard rumours of minor changes,but that's the motor industry for you,but then again look at the new Mk7 Golf,appearing a year or so earlier and that's a fact.

LOL, its called subliminal marketing. Spread rumours to keep attention on the brand......

A

Anonymous

cabinpac said:

that looks spot on the new 308 i saw today had the exact same front,but i must admit the led drl's where to be honest dull looking and very one dimensional but over all very pleasing looking which if added to the rcz would take the BULKY FRONTAL look away :cool:

A

Anonymous

mr shiney said:
I would hang on if I were you there is going to be a facelift in 2014 most likely so you dont want to get stuck with a 2012 model do you.......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :beer: made my day that ... kudos