What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Bulbs keep blowing...

A

Anonymous

Right folks... I have been through 3 Osram Nightbreakers Gold Plus bulbs this year since I bought the car... Any ideas / recommendations for other direct swap overs?
Annoying thing is that this bulb is the one behind the battery so scrapped knuckles will follow..

hanswuk

Reaction score
Surely something must be causing them to blow? Osram is a very reputable brand who are OE suppliers to most car manufacturers and they wouldn't fail that often without reason. Upgrade bulbs generally don't have as long a life as standard ones but not to that extent!

Evil Derboy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree. Osram is a good brand. Can't see why they keep blowing. One of two might be coincidence but three points to a bigger problem. I'd check the spec of them off against the OEM bulbs that Peugeot supplies with the car and if they're within tolerance I'd be talking to your dealer about a possible electrical issue.

A

Anonymous

I never had one blown bulb in the three years of owning Amber....looks like someone might have to give Ashley a phone :Moony: :Moony: :Moony: (give the job to Rizz.............)

A

Anonymous

Thinking back one blew when I was in Edinburgh and was on a cobbled street so I know that that was not an electrical fault.

I then just replaced the bulb with a new one of the same type but left the intact one in.

now the other has blown.

Could it be to me not replacing the two after the first one blew?

regardless of what I buy now ill replace both and see what comes from it.

A

Anonymous

1.its either Your not fitting them properly..losely fitted bulbs will still function but will cause excess heat build up in the contacts/bulb holder..and the bulb filament will snap..clean the bulb holder with IPA..when fitting dont put any finger prints on the glass,dont scratch the coating at the tip
2.Your unlucky with a bad batch of bulbs,but remember these bulbs burn far hotter/brighter than OEM bulbs so their lifeline is shorter.

And after reading over your intial post again,its just the more difficult to fit bulb next to the battery that blows which suggest to me its as above... loose bulb contacts/heat build but still works for a short time :)

A

Anonymous

I know that I recommended those Figo and genuinely believe it to be a market leading upgrade. I ran mine for a year and a half in the RCZ without a problem and have upgraded my VXR's bulbs to the same ones without incident. Jassy's suggestions make a lot of sense to my mind. I'm happy to touch up...ahem ahem...I mean contact Ashley on your behalf. :D

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Can't help but advertise here. We sell both Philips and Osram bulbs and not had any reported issues with any of them. The version being used in this thread we understand as being the best but limited and unfortunately we do not carry them and not sure if they are 100% compatible with the RCZ.

I think putting back in your factory bulbs and seeing what happens then will tell you if you have an electrical problem or just bad bulbs.

All of our bulbs can be found here and we have added more and still adding some:

http://shop.rczperformance.com/category.sc?categoryId=3