What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Build date put back again.......

RCZ1

Reaction score
Called in at my dealer today to sort out the logistics for when I have the bespoke interior of my RCZ re-trimmed, by an independent company.

Anyway, whilst I was there I asked if my car was still due to be built next week - Week 31. They came back to me to say it had now been put back to Week 35 - which is the end of August. They must have seen the look of horror on my face, so on Monday they are going to find out if there are any same spec RCZs available either in this country or one that has been built waiting to come over here, so that they can get me one a bit earlier. They will ring me on Monday to let me know what they have found. I hope its good news. I don't want it until September but if it comes early then its okay becuase I want the interior to be re-trimmed before I take delivery and that will take 2 weeks. :cry: :cry:

A

Anonymous

Lets hope they find you one. An extra 4 weeks is a hell of a long wait. Lets also hope this doesn't become a regular occurrence did they give any reason as to why the extra month??

A

Anonymous

Massive demand for pearl white cars is leading to a 4 week longer lead time over other colours.

RCZ1

Reaction score
They didn't give me a reason but as RCZGT200 has now said - its because of the massive demand and I suppose a lot of people who ordered pearl white or opal white went for the smoked chrome arches. Because of the problems with those, the orders kept getting put back until this was resolved but alas as we now know, it could not be resolved and were discontinued. So I think there's probably led to a bit of a back up of orders too.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Called in at my dealer today to sort out the logistics for when I have the bespoke interior of my RCZ re-trimmed, by an independent company.

Anyway, whilst I was there I asked if my car was still due to be built next week - Week 31. They came back to me to say it had now been put back to Week 35 - which is the end of August. They must have seen the look of horror on my face, so on Monday they are going to find out if there are any same spec RCZs available either in this country or one that has been built waiting to come over here, so that they can get me one a bit earlier. They will ring me on Monday to let me know what they have found. I hope its good news. I don't want it until September but if it comes early then its okay becuase I want the interior to be re-trimmed before I take delivery and that will take 2 weeks. :cry: :cry:

When did you order it?

RCZ1

Reaction score
RCZ White said:
RCZ1 said:

When did you order it?

I actually placed my order in February !

RCZ1

Reaction score
Received a phone call from my dealer this morning. My car is not due to be built now until October :cry: However, they have sourced another same spec car as mine which is being built 3rd September, so I should have it by the end of September :dance: :dance:

At least there is a light on the horizon - I now have a build date :D