What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Build Date Order

A

Anonymous

Hi

I have noticed now on here that a few people have ordered their cars after I ordered mine yet their build date is before mine.

Just wondered if anyone knew if there was a system in place on which the cars are being built, and if so what is it?

I have seen 3 RCZ's in our area now and I want mine! Our dealer now has an opal white one (which is the colour we have ordered, just not the same spec) which is available to be bought now. I would hate to see this on the road before I get mine!!!

Hmm, think I might be getting a little impatient :crazy:

RCZ1

Reaction score
I know how you feel RCZDOG.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason in how they are built. I'm sure there must be but I can't for the life of me see what it is. :eusa-think:

I think we are just getting a touch impatient now ;)

dpb

Reaction score
I agree, I'm starting to get past the 'touch' impatient stage !!!

A

Anonymous

I don't know when you ordered yours RCZDOG - but I understand exactly. Ordered ours on May 17th - still no clue as to delivery. Getting impatient as hell!

A

Anonymous

I ordered my black 156 gt on may 26th I got a build date of July 19th and then that got put back to the 20th august the waiting is painful but what can you do :roll:

dpb

Reaction score
Know what you mean Matt - no option but to wait

A

Anonymous

hhobbit said:
I don't know when you ordered yours RCZDOG - but I understand exactly. Ordered ours on May 17th - still no clue as to delivery. Getting impatient as hell!

We ordered ours on 5th June, received a call from dealership about 2 weeks ago with a build date of 11/12 Sept.

Can't believe you have still not heard anything hhobbit. I think you should ring your dealer.

A

Anonymous

I still dont have a build date and Im considering just buying one which a dealer already has because im getting really bored of waiting

dpb

Reaction score
I also placed order on 5th June - build date Aug 22nd !

A

Anonymous

RCZDOG said:
We ordered ours on 5th June, received a call from dealership about 2 weeks ago with a build date of 11/12 Sept.

Can't believe you have still not heard anything hhobbit. I think you should ring your dealer.

We've heard sometime September - brought forward from October - we've not had a build date - but then I've not asked for one. The dealer is being very good in keeping in touch. He told us not to rely on build dates as they are constantly changing. He's as eager as we are to get the car (I believe there's at least another 3 due around the same time). I'm sure it won't be long! :sleeping-yellow:

A

Anonymous

hhobbit said:
RCZDOG said:

We've heard sometime September - brought forward from October - we've not had a build date - but then I've not asked for one. The dealer is being very good in keeping in touch. He told us not to rely on build dates as they are constantly changing. He's as eager as we are to get the car (I believe there's at least another 3 due around the same time). I'm sure it won't be long! :sleeping-yellow:

I ordered on June 28th, when I spoke to the dealer on Saturday he told me the scheduled build date was 9th September, but it could change either way! :?

A

Anonymous

Ordered on 19 June 2010.

Original Build Date: 22 August 2010.

Revised Build Date: 29 August 2010.

Car Delivery: End of September, although probably early October.

Dealer has maintained early October throughout, although said I may be lucky with an early date.
Don't think I'm going to be lucky with the build date moving back.

It'll turn up one day - I hope !!

A

Anonymous

Thought I'd better check cos I'd been given a build date of 22 Aug (as it would appear lots of us have)..only to find that it's now 6 Sept :thumbdown:

So the garage estimate delivery end Sept. Definitely won't have it for the Silverstone meet now! :x

A

Anonymous

I ordered mine on 27th May, if I had believed the estimated lead time, it was due 16th August. I received a call from Peugeot,after some complaining that I had not heard anything,saying I wont see the car until late October !!. After complaints by my garage and myself, they said they could schedule build for 16th September with delivery early October. This is still provisional as they can only make 100 of any one colour per month.
I am in dialogue with the company as it is your legal right to cancel and buy one off the shelf.
I have to say, the let down on meeting delivery has tainted my pleasure of looking forward to the car, but one day I will own my RCZ :crazy:

RCZ1

Reaction score
David ck said:
I ordered mine on 27th May, if I had believed the estimated lead time, it was due 16th August. I received a call from Peugeot,after some complaining that I had not heard anything,saying I wont see the car until late October !!. After complaints by my garage and myself, they said they could schedule build for 16th September with delivery early October. This is still provisional as they can only make 100 of any one colour per month.
I am in dialogue with the company as it is your legal right to cancel and buy one off the shelf.
I have to say, the let down on meeting delivery has tainted my pleasure of looking forward to the car, but one day I will own my RCZ :crazy:

We've all been in the same boat and when you think if they can only build 100 of any one colour in a month, then its obviously going to mean a wait.
Peugeot are not the only ones. Audi, BMW, Skoda even - all have at least a 5 month lead time with their cars too.

We just have to keep smiling :)

A

Anonymous

Ordered mine almost ...Oooh how long now...er...3 days ago. The waiting is killing me already, I'll be (more of a) gibbering wreck by the time it turns up in probably 3-4months.
So the silver lining for most of you guys is that your not as far back down the waiting list as I am :)

A

Anonymous

seen car last september on the net while on our holiday placed a deposit in December our order went in June for the 200thp car should arrive last week in august we hope .nearly a 12 months wait now that is a wait