What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Bosch Wiper Blades

A

Anonymous

I've just picked up a set of Bosch Aerotwin wiper blades from Halfords for the Z, for £19.50 , not sure how that compares to original blade prices from a dealer, but I thought it was a pretty good price, as I've seen single Bosch blades selling for over £20 each. :eusa-think:
Halfords own brand were a couple of £££ cheaper again I think.

A

Anonymous

That's a £12.92 saving had you ordered them through RCZ Performance :eek:

Edited to adjust price saving as VAT is also charged on the delivery surcharge.

A

Anonymous

I ordered mine through rcz performance and I'm sure they were around 28 bucks.

Jactac, they're excellent and much better than the oem ones!!

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:

£23.02 + £4 delivery = £27.02 + VAT = £32.42

A

Anonymous

My son actually picked them up for me, and I've just checked the receipt and it's definitely £19.50 for the set.
No discount applied just a straight forward sale :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
mrizzle said:

£23.02 + £4 delivery = £27.02 + VAT = £32.42

Good work Ron! I wish that VAT was applied from the outset.

jactac said:
My son actually picked them up for me, and I've just checked the receipt and it's definitely £19.50 for the set.
No discount applied just a straight forward sale :eusa-think:

Top work on your son's part then Jactac!! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Umm, bit of a confession :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Just had a second look at the receipt and a "Trade Discount" is applied in very small print.
My son used to work for Halfords and it seems as though he managed a bit of discount, well actually a 50% discount.

So dont go running to Halfords demanding your wiper blades for £19.50 cos you will look how I feel....... A prat....... :oops: :?

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Umm, bit of a confession :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Just had a second look at the receipt and a "Trade Discount" is applied in very small print.
My son used to work for Halfords and it seems as though he managed a bit of discount, well actually a 50% discount.

So dont go running to Halfords demanding your wiper blades for £19.50 cos you will look how I feel....... A prat....... :oops: :?

Nice one :lol: :lol: :lol: :cool: :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Jactac !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: I still need to get some as mine are not doing a good job anymore.

A

Anonymous

As a consolation Ronald, do u want my old ones. :? :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

I use Eurocarparts for most of my bits these days, they always have offers on (especially oil) etc and deliver for free so you don't have to go and collect either. :thumbup:
They are doing a single blade for £11.94 at the mo, so a pair for £23.88 delivered to your door.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
A great read and was shocked to see that price but knew it couldn't be the true retail price. Again we will try our best to have the best prices (yes I used best twice in the same statement). If you find this or any product at a lower price than us please let us know. We do not however consider auction sites and sale prices. Our margin's are small so we can provide you with the best prices possible. Smaller more commonly found items such as wiper blades will always be competitive, this is why we do not have too many items like this, again we are about Performance ;)

A

Anonymous

Lee,
I'm not sure how the Halfords trade card works, apparantly its not a fixed amount of discount, I think it depends on the item and the manufacture, and can change daily, also I think it can only be used for consumables, but I may be wrong on that one ?
I think the best way to use it is to ask at the till which manufacture is offering the highest discount for a particular item on that day.
My son has paid as low as £9.50 for a gallon of Castrol Magnatec 5W-30 and £1.50 for a filter, when he changed the oil on his old Astra.
Total oil change for just over a tenner .

Some items can even have up to 75% taken off at the till :dance:

A

Anonymous

It just highlights the markup that jo public have to pay, not only do you pay high amounts for labour but they also make a fair few % on the parts they use.
I remember a few years ago you use to get a parts discount list through the post from Ford with their friends and family scheme, some of the discounts were obscene, 75% off alloy wheels for example.
I think with Halfords if you are an employee you get 20% off everything as well?

A

Anonymous

At a minimum they will get the staff discount, but on consumables its always better to use the Trade card, as its always a far higher discount than the staff discount card.
I doubt though it can be used for Audio equiptment or such like, maybe tools though :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
I doubt though it can be used for Audio equipment or such like, maybe tools though :eusa-think:

unfortunately audio stuff is not on the list for a discount as its not a consumable, tools are however as they are used during maintenance.
i use my card all the time for bulbs ect and also for screen-wash (you would not believe how cheap it makes it)

A

Anonymous

My son picks up the Halfords Pink pre- mixed screenwash, lovely smell and prevents wiper judder.
5ltrs cheap as chips with the trade card. :thumbup: