What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Boot Opening on it's own !!

A

Anonymous

Hi all
I have had my RCZ since July 2015. I bought her 2nd hand from a dealer and the warranty is now expired. From reading other threads I seem to have the dreaded water in the boot mechanism which causes it to open every time you unlock the car. I think this has been caused by all the recent rain. I had the same problem briefly a while ago but it rectified itself so I thought nothing of it. Last time I drove her the heating/air con was also now faulty with nothing working. Can anyone who is aware of this issue please tell me if the boot problem is likely to have affected the heating? Also, would you advise me to get it sorted now or wait and see if it sorts itself out once it has dried out? And lastly - what's it going to cost me to get this sorted?
Cheers in advance :beer:
Steve

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I haven't had the problem (fingers crossed) but from reading those who have experienced this, I believe it can affect various electrical systems, so the heating/aircon issue is more than likely related.

I suppose it's up to you how bothered you are about the problems as to whether you go for an early fix or wait & see.
From the reading of this issue, I don't think it will totally resolve itself on a permanent basis, so I would imagine at some point it might rear its ugly head in a more lasting way. It might even start to affect more systems that will make your mind up for you.

For now, if you can put up with the existing faults.........