What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

BMW's not wot they used to be

A

Anonymous

Took my car for vehicle check before trading it in more problems seat belt hand over not working and potentional wheel bearing going in front passenger side cars only over 3 years old list of problems emmisions sensor faulty changed meant entire cars brain had to be reprogrammed took 2 days engine coils replaced 3 times another 3 days caused car to shudder and lose power nearly got me killed coming out of junction exhaust manifold fault another 2 days xeon's failure day time running light failure ash tray lid broken even thou i dont smoke and never used it and some people on this forum think pugs are unreliable cause of some minor faults Will never buy BMW again :wave:

A

Anonymous

As one door closes another one opens as the saying goes :thumbup: its tommorow you get your car is not?? its going to be a long day to day :lol:

A

Anonymous

Man I like the positive attitude no negative waves still waiting for car no word yet waiting for call to go and do paperwork ready for handover :cool:

A

Anonymous

my family have had loads of BMW's (the 1st one of my memory is the 1998 BMW M5) and we have never had such issues except a BMW X5 4.8ils that after 4 years had an MOT worth £5,000 and sold the car after that for £11,000 and a BMW 7 series (2002) which that had constant issues to such an extent my dad knew the BMW assistant people by name due to electrical issues on early versions.
what model and year was your BMW.

It could be worse someone I know bought a brand new Range Rover sport (october last year) and whenever he filled up the front seats would move forwards, the radio would turn on and off constantly and the alarm would go nuts then all the electrics turned completely off and ended up without his car for 2 months whilst they changed all the electrics in the car.

A

Anonymous

tomy90 said:
my family have had loads of BMW's (the 1st one of my memory is the 1998 BMW M5) and we have never had such issues except a BMW X5 4.8ils that after 4 years had an MOT worth £5,000 and sold the car after that for £11,000 and a BMW 7 series (2002) which that had constant issues to such an extent my dad knew the BMW assistant people by name due to electrical issues on early versions.
what model and year was your BMW.

It could be worse someone I know bought a brand new Range Rover sport (october last year) and whenever he filled up the front seats would move forwards, the radio would turn on and off constantly and the alarm would go nuts then all the electrics turned completely off and ended up without his car for 2 months whilst they changed all the electrics in the car.
December 08 BMW 335i msport coupe. And not the 1st bimmer I've had problems with, previous e92 330i had numerous problems as well. Although the e46 coupe & e46 m3 i had before never had any issues with. Just don't think the last gen 3 series was as well built or as sturdy as the previous. The e46 felt like they where built to last 4ever same can't be said of the e92 :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

how you drive a car has nowt to do with the badge :? just like i used to get from people about driving a honda civic type R BOY RACER CAR dont think so at £22,000 + well a rich boy racer then :lol: :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
BMW drivers are definitely the worst on the roads. No idea how to use indicators ( I think they are an optional extra !) and have no lane discipline whatsoever and ALWAYS sit right on your tail, regardless of what speed you are doing.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
BMW drivers are definitely the worst on the roads. No idea how to use indicators ( I think they are an optional extra !) and have no lane discipline whatsoever and ALWAYS sit right on your tail, regardless of what speed you are doing.

Well maybe thats got a lot to do with the majority of fleet cars are either bmw or audis these days then followed up by insignias and mondeos or mazda 6's i still maintain its not the badge its the driver.................its blatantly obvious its the person behind the wheel not the car so if the majority of cars are bmw's then its because they are extremely popular on the roads now:wtf:

A

Anonymous

You are right of course jassy. The point being made here is that the TYPE of PERSON that drives BMW's (usually company) cars aare the type that stick t your bumber, can't stay in any lane for more than a minute and never use indicators. We KNOW the car doesn't do this on it's own. But the pricks that drive them and usually choose black ones.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
You are right of course jassy. The point being made here is that the TYPE of PERSON that drives BMW's (usually company) cars aare the type that stick t your bumber, can't stay in any lane for more than a minute and never use indicators. We KNOW the car doesn't do this on it's own. But the pricks that drive them and usually choose black ones.

GET A REMAP Ron and blow them all AWAY :lol: :thumbup: i know i would :evil: do this :cool: ................. GREASE LIGHTING :lol: your car is good for 200bhp and 400+nm of torque easily its the best thing i ever done to my diesel engined car

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
There where indicators fitted to mine but being N. IRISH i didn't want 2 burn out the bulbs :lol: :lol: :lol: But i never tailgate its a pet hate of mine :thumbdown:

RCZ1

Reaction score
bigmac3161 said:
RCZ1 said:
There where indicators fitted to mine but being N. IRISH i didn't want 2 burn out the bulbs :lol: :lol: :lol: But i never tailgate its a pet hate of mine :thumbdown:

lol bigmac that's probably a very good reason why they don't use them :). Tailgating is a pet hate of mine too. I can never understand why people do it but the worst offenders for this are people who drive small hatchbacks I find. Citroen C1s or Suzuki Swift sized cars. :(

A

Anonymous

Tailgaters hate me. I just slow right down and put on my hazards.