What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Birth of my new Pearl

RCZ1

Reaction score
OO58RON said:
RCZ1 said:
Ah, but don't you get great satisfaction from those 6 hours :D
Too right I do. Used some of that Maquires Endurance tyre shine on Saturday, applied with a real neat applicator (also maquires) or whatever they are called. Something like that anyway) I have to say RCZ1 that my previous spray on stuff might not have looked as good but I have never had to wash the car a second time like I did at 2200hrs on Saturday to remove tyre shine from all up the side of my car. Not all detailing is good :thumbdown:

Whoops Ron :thumbdown:

No that is not good and is the bain of my life having a White car. You have to really make sure that the tyres are thoroughly clean AND dry before applying it. Then when you apply it, apply it very thinly, don't saturate the sponge. After about half an hour, wipe the tyres down with a cloth and then maybe again before you drive it. Let it soak in thoroughly if you can before you drive the car. I've tried 6 different tyre dressings in as many months and suffered sling in varying degrees with all of them, except one. The one that looked like it didn't have any tyre dressing on- not happy :thumbdown:

Applied the Megs one to my husbands car about 4 weeks ago now and his tyres are still looking real shiny and because his car is black, you don't see / suffer the sling down the side. He's travelled 2000 miles since then too :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Ron,
never mind the boring stuff about stone chips and vinyl polymer films extruded on a bi-ex multi layer extruder. ( i love my plastics) :sleeping-yellow:

You've just spent £32500 so you must of put some nice trimmings on the new Pearl.

What exactly have you ordered. :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
But don't think that you car will not "show" chips with the film applied, it WILL,
Wow hold the bus jactac. That is exactly what I was thinking. I wanted to avoid the splattered fly look as I have with my current model :helpme:

A

Anonymous

Think about it Ron,
The vinyl coating is bound to take some hit's from stones ect, so it has to show these hits as chips or scuffs.
Vinyl is a harder type of plastic so if you knock it there will be damage.

With a paint chip the paint does just that, it chips away, so you can then touch it up and smooth the repair out with polishing ect, however with a plastic type of material it does not really chip, it absorbs the hit rather than chips away, but the outcome is more like a raised small dent, if you can see where i'm coming from.
Poke your keyboard with a pointed instrument and see what i mean, vinyl "could" give the same result. i would say though that the thinner the vinyl the more chance of it chipping like paint, rather than looking like a raised gouge, so in my opinion i would rather a small chip that i can touch in and polish smooth rather than a raised gouge .

Problem here is though, even with thinner vinyl protection you cant really touch up any damage or polish out any hits. Just try painting on plastic or vinyl, it doesnt really work !

You could put the thickest vinyl on but it could end up looking more damaged after hits because of its thickness and the way it's absorbing the hits, it would, in my opinion look worse than what normal paint would look like, yet when you remove the protection your paint "should" look good because of the thicker protection.

Personaly i think the vinyl is great to just act as protection, and you just put up with what ever damage it absorbs and looks like until you remove it at a later date .

You need to decide if you want a vinyl protection now with possibly clean paintwork later, but wont be able to "fix" any hits that appear on the protection whilst you own the car.
Or just go with the flow and touch up and polish the stone chips as you go along, i think i would rather have my paintwork look good for me as the owner rather than for some dealer that i sell the car to at a later date !

You say though that your problem is flies, how big are these mother f*****s, if they are chipping your paint ?
Just give the car a nice polish and wax for protection. You can buy stuff to remove kamikaze insects, then polish up to a nice smooth finish and give a nice waxing, job done. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Ron,
never mind the boring stuff about stone chips and vinyl polymer films extruded on a bi-ex multi layer extruder. ( i love my plastics) :sleeping-yellow:

You've just spent £32500 so you must of put some nice trimmings on the new Pearl.

What exactly have you ordered. :eusa-think:
My new PEARL is of course just that! She is a 2.0 HDi GT with Integral black leather, Champagne arches, Gloss carbon fibre roof, Sports pack, vision pack, Sat navy thingy, Black callipers, Black mirrors and I think finally (cos I'm going off memory and that is badly drug affected), feline Quads. I didn't go for JBL because quite frankly despite being really into my music I could not discern any difference between it and the standard.
I remembered the price incorrectly twas only £31.520 not £32.500 as originally stated. :beer:

A

Anonymous

Sound very nice m8, very nice. :thumbup:
Well there is one thing i would change my good friend ;)

see these bright teeth :D thats a clue :lol:

A

Anonymous

UPDATE
My new Pearl arrived in the UK on 21 July. At the dealers yesterday 25 July and I shall collect her on Saturday ( my choice, to save taking time of work) jactac educated me about the Paint Protection Film. I believed rather naively that it would prevent stone chips. Not realising that it only prevents the paintwork getting chipped. So I would still have a car with a chipped film. So I see no point in paying a £1,000 so that the next owner can have the benefit at my expense, for which doubtless I would not get an extra penny. So instead she is booked into Elete detailers on the 22nd August for the new car treatment.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Whey hey Ron :dance: Great news!

Don't forget to get some before and after pics when Elite get their hands on it :thumbup:

Enjoy it to the full :beer:

A

Anonymous

@ Jactac..............what you mean those shiny Pearly whites? :p

A

Anonymous

I went into the dealer this evening to take in prove of ID for the road tax and saw Pearl! She was resplendent with her Quads. Quick inspection of them following on from a previous thread on here and fitting looks OK. The champagne arches are a totally different colour make mine look all washed out and faded. But the gloss carbon roof rather than the Matt is Awesome I was a tad concerned as I'd never seen one but it's fantastic. Roll on Saturday shame that I'm working on Sunday or me and my bestest could have taken her for a spin.

RCZ1

Reaction score
I'll take her for a spin for you Ron, you can trust me :thumbup:

By the way ONLY MINE can be known as "Pearl". Mine is the original :dance:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I'll take her for a spin for you Ron, you can trust me :thumbup:

By the way ONLY MINE can be known as "Pearl". Mine is the original :dance:
My pearl2 is apologetic :thumbup: