What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Bike mount

Beefeater

Reaction score
Has anyone got any experience using a suction cup bike mount such as

LXB1 RASSINE DOUBLE SUCTION CUP BIKE RACK, ROOF RACK WITH SPARE WHEEL HOLDER

I have quad exhausts on my rcz and so think I would struggle fitting a tow bar....also not sure I want to.

So I was wondering if people had tried something like this.

cheers

Al

Nemi

Reaction score
Few days ago I received my suction cup bike rack from aliexpress:

I have only tried it for a 60 km ride but everything seems ok, bicycles are holding strong.

The only issue is that RCZ is pretty curvy. I put my suction cups at the very front of the roof (since it is less curvy there) and rear cups on the rear windshield (which is also curvy). I used it only once so haven't found ideal position for these cups.

I see that Rassine rear suction cups come in pairs (instead of a single cup like rockbros) so I guess it would be more difficult to attach those to rear windshield.

The only photo I have right now is this one:

On Saturday I will do a longer trip (200 km) to test these cups and take proper photos. Maybe then I'll post more feedback on these suction cups.

Beefeater

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I suspect they would be fine and I see you have yours, as you say, forward. So I guess this negates the bikes leaning in on the curves.

I previously had a TT Roadster and adapted an old set of roof bars to fit on the boot, and made a fork mount rack.

there are boot racks (the ski racks) etc but I was looking for a bit of a different option as once the bike is on the boot, using the boot becomes problematic.

I also want a wheel holder as having dirty or wet wheels in the car is not what I need. Lol.
Thanks again for your reply.
Cheers.
Al

attached is the pic of my old TT solution.

Attachments

• 7C5219D6-F5BB-4287-9195-E03723A8A166.jpeg
    7C5219D6-F5BB-4287-9195-E03723A8A166.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 32

OkeyStokey

Reaction score
I guess those suction cup racks are too long to attach to the boot nemi?
I like the lower profile look (like Beefeaters TT). Plus it is attached to metal!

Nemi

Reaction score
Next time I will try to put long suction strip on the trunk (if it fits) and single suction cups (for rear wheels) on the rear windshield :rolleyes:

Beefeater

Reaction score
That’s right Nemi as the suction cups are what the bike attaches to not where bars are attached to, so one is governed by the length of the bike.

on other cars the suction cups would work nicely as they have a flat roof. The RCZ however had a lovely curve and so I was asking whether the curve negatively effects the use of the suction cups.

for me to use the same solution as the TT in my pic I would have to have roof bars made which are angled as the boot on the RCZ is angled too and so to get straight bars an angle would be needed to create bars that run horizontal. I could of course get them made, which would be a solution, but the suction cups seem like a good solution….if they work.

if more people have experience / solutions please let me know

Thanks. AL

Nemi

Reaction score
I tried to put bikes in reverse and I think it works better this way. Lower profile, less wind noise, but you can't open the trunk. 300 km driven and these suction cups still hold strong. If only it had some theft protection feature. Overall I'm pretty happy with this product.

Last edited:

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Just shows that some things can be practical if you got other hobbies but want a beautiful car

Last edited:

Danny240476

Reaction score
Ik heb geprobeerd de fietsen achteruit te zetten en ik denk dat het op deze manier beter werkt. Lager profiel, minder windgeruis, maar je kunt de kofferbak niet openen. 300 km gereden en deze zuignappen houden nog steeds sterk. Had het maar een diefstalbeveiliging. Over het algemeen ben ik best tevreden met dit product.

ZOU U de foto's van het fietsenrek nog eens kunnen plaatsen?