What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Bent sill

simonf7

Reaction score
Hello guys, I am the proud new owner of a 2014 RCZ 2014 in blue and am loving it! It is my second car (I am 21) and a big upgrade over my 2002 Citroen Xsara hatchback haha. One main question, it appears that the front left sill where the jacking point is has been bent. Likely someone using a trolley jack?

A garage told me it wasn't structural and nothing to worry about but wanted to get your guys' opinion. is this common/fixable?

It has not come up on previous MOTs.

Any feedback appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20221029_161624.jpg
    IMG_20221029_161624.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20221029_161658.jpg
    IMG_20221029_161658.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20221017_161629.jpg
    IMG_20221017_161629.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 26

Pedro

Reaction score
Every one of theses cars has piss poor useless jacking points which are best suited to a child's go kart Both fronts on mine were bent outwards & I had to have them welded with reinforcing plates as they were flagged up by the MOT examiner he said they could potentially count as a structural defect because you must be able to jack the car up to change a tyre especially if your on a motorway with the police standing next to the car so its best to get them sorted as for using a trolley jack you can buy the round rubber puks with a groove across the middle which fits into the sill off ebay

simonf7

Reaction score
Every one of theses cars has piss poor useless jacking points which are best suited to a child's go kart Both fronts on mine were bent outwards & I had to have them welded with reinforcing plates as they were flagged up by the MOT examiner he said they could potentially count as a structural defect because you must be able to jack the car up to change a tyre especially if your on a motorway with the police standing next to the car so its best to get them sorted as for using a trolley jack you can buy the round rubber puks with a groove across the middle which fits into the sill off ebay
Okay Pedro thanks for that, how much did that cost roughly? I will see if it is flagged up in the MOT next year.

Pedro

Reaction score
I paid a mate £80 per sill & he never even took the plastic sill off so its £160 all in & he supplied the offcuts of plate so I can't see it being all that expensive

lfe

Reaction score
That gives the impression that it has collided with something, perhaps a kerb

Pedro

Reaction score
That gives the impression that it has collided with something, perhaps a kerb
Most likely its a sign the car has been incorrectly jacked up without any rubber pad insert or groove in the toe of a scissor jack to fit under the sill properly

Kerr

Reaction score
I had to get mine reinforced as well.

I put my car in for tyres, servicing and an MOT and it had been in the care of three garages. I wasn't sure where it happened and had to get the repair myself.

I think I paid around £200. Certainly not more than £250.

As above the jacking points are terrible. If you get them repaired to the original standard someone will damage them again soon enough. Get a fabricator to improve them..

simonf7

Reaction score
I had to get mine reinforced as well.

I put my car in for tyres, servicing and an MOT and it had been in the care of three garages. I wasn't sure where it happened and had to get the repair myself.

I think I paid around £200. Certainly not more than £250.

As above the jacking points are terrible. If you get them repaired to the original standard someone will damage them again soon enough. Get a fabricator to improve them..
Thanks Kerr, I will take it round to a fabricator tomorrow and see what they say...