What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Battery’s removals

Ggen

Reaction score
Hi guys I feel silly asking this at this trying time for everyone
Does any one know how to replace the battery on a rcz it’s covered in s black housing unit not sure to be honest how to remove

Any help or tips
Thank you so much in advance

Pedro

Reaction score
You need to take off the intake diffuser remove the electrical distribution box cover on the right of battery remove main fuse module cover(MFM) then lift up the (MFM)
& move out of way then lift up & pull out battery jacket (black box cover) then loosen & remove battery base clamping bracket with 10 mm socket on a extension bar & ratchet then lift battery out of compartment
A word of caution before you disconnect the batter 🚩 Peugeot recommend you wait at least 4 minutes or 12 if the car is a Automatic before disconnecting the battery if the car has been powered up beforehand as all the electrical modules & components are memorising the last imputed data !

Ggen

Reaction score
Thanks for the information I will try it whrn I’m back
I bought a battery and to be honest I gave up when I saw the black casing

I will let you know how I get on once again thank you

Hatman

Reaction score
When doing BSI reset with drivers window down, mine was stuck down. Restart, put window up and hold for 8 seconds, put window down and hold again. Also. my rear spoiler was fully up. Operated manually a few times and all good.. Hope this helps.

Ggen

Reaction score
Thank you so much just a quick one my spoiler is up
How do I operate it manually?

I use the button on the centre console near the gear stick ?

I can’t get to the car until next week to do it but I think I have the information to get the battery off and On safely

What a great forum and people who contribute

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Yes, the button next to the gearstick has an amber light in it. If it is lit, the spoiler is in manual mode, and will remain raised. If you press the button and the light goes out, it is then in automatic mode, and will raise to its low position at @ 55 mph, and retract at @ 35mph.
It will raise to its upper position at @ 95mph.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It is worth noting that it’s almost impossible to see the spoiler from the drivers seat of it is raised to its low position. Many owners have queried whether there’s was working or not - myself included when I first got my Z almost 7 years ago.
If you are unsure,
1. Drive passed a friend at 55 mph or above & let them see if the spoiler was up.
2. Get someone to follow you as you go past 55 mph & ask them.
3. Raise the spoiler manually while parked. Get some confetti or small torn up pieces of paper and scatter them under the spoiler. lower the spoiler using the manual button. Go for a drive over 55 mph. Check when you get home if the paper is still there using the manual button. If it’s gone (it will be) the spoiler went up & back down again all by itself.... magic 👍

Grimreaper

Reaction score
Thank you so much just a quick one my spoiler is up
How do I operate it manually?

I use the button on the centre console near the gear stick ?

I can’t get to the car until next week to do it but I think I have the information to get the battery off and On safely

What a great forum and people who contribute
But remember press & hold button for a few seconds for it to work! ;-)

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I replaced my battery a couple of weeks ago took about 20mins top.just a couple of tips the air intake defuser just in clips from the inner wing once the jubilee clip has been removed on the pipe.
And once the positive terminal is in lipped you can move it to the right without disconnecting anything else. The black plastic battery shroud pulls up from the front to remove it and snaps back down on replacement.