What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

baby was at the doctor today

A

Anonymous

after 3 months and 2000 miles of happy driving, I had a puncture... a bloody screw went into one of my rear tyres. I can't beleive it this is the first time ever I have a problem with a tyre.

anyway i brought it to quick fit shop, and they fixed it in 30 mins for 17 pounds, so no need to spend 250 on a new tyre: i was lucky this time!

baby is now sleeping fine

uffff

A

Anonymous

Sorry me no understandy. " and they fixed it in 30 mins for 17 pounds, so no need to spend 250 on a new tyre" Why do you need to spend £250 on a new tyre, when they fixed it in 30mins for £17?

RCZ1

Reaction score
Well that's how much he would have had to pay, if they couldn't repair it.

I'm interested though, did you use the foam stuff that comes with the car?

A

Anonymous

You were lucky.

£17 for a plug compared to having to buy a new tyre is good.

Personally, I prefer the tyres and the brakes to be in their best working order. I would have gone for a new tyre.

My mate went for a plug when he had a similar puncture and he lasted for years hooning around at over 100mph and taking serious corners very fast.
Guess I'm too cautious - and as he would say: "too eager to hand my money over to a bunch of....." well you get the picture.

Would also be interested to hear how you got on with the foam machine. Second car now that has the stuff and fortunately, never had occassion to use it (Touches wood frantically).

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
You see I told you me no understandy. Me illiterate too. Misread as "so need to spend £250 on a new tyre" Takes a women to make the picture clearer. Thank you RCZ1

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:

I'm interested though, did you use the foam stuff that comes with the car?

No the tyre was not completely flat when I realised that it had a puncture, so I went quickly to fix it. Because i think that if you use the foam, then you have to replace it as you can drive too fast with it.

A

Anonymous

sorry to hear that I had that on my previous car sadly the nail hit it in such a spot I could not fix the tyre it ended up costing £250 for a replacement one which is shocking considering it was for 17 inch bridgestone trye's (and that was the best price I got from calling all the dealers and tyre shops)