What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Automatic Garage Doors

A

Anonymous

Had an automatic Garage Door fitted exactly two months ago today.

Got the same model and Company that fitted my previous auto Door, which was (and still is) in perfect operation for about 10 years now.

While the "same model" has been updated (and isn't as good in my opinion), tonight one of the magnets fell off.

The Door immediately becomes inoperable (quite rightly) as the System detects an error.

When I checked the fixing, the bodgy Fitters hadn't drilled the holes properly and the magnet was bascially holding itself on by it's own magnet. Unsurprisingly, after two months of use, it decided tonight was the night to give up !!

After poking about and trying various things, eventually sucumbed to reading the Instruction Manual (Fault Finding)
Fixed said door with a quick drill and proper screws to hold magnet in place.

That company are getting a call first thing tomorrow. Well disappointed in the company - particularly after only two months of operating the Door.

Don't people take any pride in their work these days....Grrrr :evil:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Its a very rare thing these days to find people who do jobs properly. Companies are all too keen to take your money but the service and fitting they provide can be very shoddy. I hope you don't have any more problems with your door.

As an aside, that is the one thing I would like - an automatic garage door. We have a long drive which would make it ideal for me. I get to put my car in the garage every night whilest the hubby has to leave his under the car port (poor thing). Our current garage door has always been a bit iffy and I have visions of it one day coming off in my hand and falling onto my car. I keep nagging the hubby to get an electronic door and he keeps saying he will but never gets round to it (typical male!).

A

Anonymous

Apart from the slight troubles I'm currently having, these doors are usually very solid and reliable.

Absolute godsend in the winter when you can drive in / out without having to get out to close the Garage Door.

My friend recently had a motor attached to her existing door. She has a massive garage and the door was such a pain to open / close she just used to park on the drive. Car always in the Garage now - and wishes she done it years ago.

There are usually fitted in a day at the most.

PS: I'm nothing to do with selling Automatic Garage Doors btw !!