What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Automatic door locking

A

Anonymous

I have noticed that my doors lock automatically after a few seconds as I drive off. Good security feature, but my wife and son just think I want the car to myself and wont let them in when I stop to pick them up :D .
I will share..... sometimes, but not to drive :D
Any ideas on how to switch off the automatic door locking mode ? :?:

A

Anonymous

Its a safety feature so no one can hijack your car if you want someone from the outside to get in press the lock button on dash to let them in i dont think you can switch it off completley.unless the dealer can deactivate it.

A

Anonymous

A very good feature :thumbup: as I often forget to lock the doors when I leave work and drive through Belfast! I only remember when I'm sitting at lights and then wonder do pedestrians hear the doors locking and take offence :oops: :crazy:

A

Anonymous

David ck said:
Any ideas on how to switch off the automatic door locking mode ? :?:

Hi,

If you press and hold the locking button on the dashboard (picture of a padlock on it) for 6-10 seconds it will deactivate the autolocking , same again will reactivate it. A message on the display will confirm what you have done.

regards

Marcus

A

Anonymous

thanks for the info Marcus.Only chance of me being hijacked is if I was wearing my England strip as I live in Scotland !
So I may deactivate it, but it is a good feature

FGRob

Reaction score
I've never had that activated but it's good to know it's there, I do like the single press just unlocks the drivers door only though, that's very good if you are on your own. ;)

Rob.

A

Anonymous

The opening function on the central locking is configurable though (through the menu in the in-car display) - you can choose whether to open driver's door only on a single press, or both doors