What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Auto RCZ

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I am currently thinking of buying a RCZ, however my wife would like the auto.

What dp you think??
I have driven the basic 508 auto and was not impressed, is this the same box in the RCZ?
A8JUUNewbie

A

Anonymous

Appears like it is, there's only 1 autobox available for the THP 156 engine.
Are you comparing an auto 156 to the manual 156?
Never tried the 508, but the 308 Turbo drives nothing like the RCZ THP 200.

A

Anonymous

Its OK, honest, not the best I have ever driven but not the worst. You still get 6 speed and its very nice on stop start drives.
MPG is a bit up on the manual, but that so much depends on how you drive.

Paul141

A

Anonymous

Long time didn't drive a manual car, and I am really impressed with the 200THP manual model! I find it MORE fun driving a manual, while Auto is good during traffic jam.

Peugeot gear shift for Auto on the RCZ is exactly the same design as on 508 and 308Turbo, which I feel disappointed as if RCZ is in the same class as the rest in Peugeot line up. They should have redesign the gear shift on the RCZ to make it exclusive!

A

Anonymous

Why on earth would a car manufacturer redesign a gearbox just to make one model different??! To make technical improvments yes but just to be different .... hardly!

A

Anonymous

kkrcz said:
Long time didn't drive a manual car, and I am really impressed with the 200THP manual model! I find it MORE fun driving a manual, while Auto is good during traffic jam.

Peugeot gear shift for Auto on the RCZ is exactly the same design as on 508 and 308Turbo, which I feel disappointed as if RCZ is in the same class as the rest in Peugeot line up. They should have redesign the gear shift on the RCZ to make it exclusive!

KKrcz the rcz is a 308 with just a fancy shell added to it but even then the rcz front is totally 308cc its clever marketing with a bubble roof and a bit fat rear end then added :eusa-shhh:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Jazzy I think you'll find that the front end of a RCZ will not fit a 308. It might look the same or similar but is NOT the same.

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
kkrcz said:

KKrcz the rcz is a 308 with just a fancy shell added to it but even then the rcz front is totally 308cc its clever marketing with a bubble roof and a bit fat rear end then added :eusa-shhh:

I am actually quite happy to see new facelift of the 308 Turbo, and I hope RCZ will not get a facelift (that soon) and have an obvious different between the two models.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Jazzy I think you'll find that the front end of a RCZ will not fit a 308. It might look the same or similar but is NOT the same.

308cc it will its identical

A

Anonymous

Had a succesful test drve today, sorry if I have given you the wrong info. The 508 car that I drove was the eco box. Agree the 200bhp is more responsive and possibly a better car to drive. Having said that they do not do the auto in the 200 bhp so I have bitten the bulit and placed the order for a Mercury grey 156 auto.

A

Anonymous

A8JUU said:
Had a succesful test drve today, sorry if I have given you the wrong info. The 508 car that I drove was the eco box. Agree the 200bhp is more responsive and possibly a better car to drive. Having said that they do not do the auto in the 200 bhp so I have bitten the bulit and placed the order for a Mercury grey 156 auto.
You have ordered a very good car, all you have to do now is wait and try not to get over excited :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
A8JUU, you've made a great decision. I am thinking of getting an auto RCZ next time. Never owned an Auto but having now driven my husbad's Auto, they are so much easier in stop / start traffic.

How long do you expect to wait before your new toy arrives.

A

Anonymous

Thanks,

Hope to collect car next week, the dealer is very busy so would not promise

A

Anonymous

A8JUU said:

I guess you have made the right choice going with the wife's choice. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Have just changed to a manual RCZ from a 308 SW auto and my missus has the same box in her 308 CC that has the 156BHP engine also used in the RCZ.

Its very smooth on up shifts although it does change up prett fast; you can be in top (sixth) from as little as 40mph. The only issue I noticed was a juddery downshift when braking rapidly.

The 'manual' shift is fine, but I hardly used it in practice.

Doesn't seem to impact too much on economy but road tax is a little more expensive (will save £30 moving from a 'sensible' 308 SW to a 200BHP RCZ!)

A

Anonymous

All change!!
Delay in getting auto so have gone for 156 manual