What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Auto Express Magazine

A

Anonymous

Just paid £1.99 on the ipad to get the latest auto express magazine and read their first drive review of the new RCZ. Waste of money that was - it's about half a page, they only talk about the fact that it has a new front end but the interiors the same so still has the pedals too high (first time I had heard that complaint), and they end up giving it a 1 star out of 5. Not worth the time reading it as it is definitely not a first drive review, more a cut down version of the launch press release I guess...

A

Anonymous

Think rizzo had an issue with the pedals being high but maybe that's just with bad back & dodgy lung he's just ready 4 the knackers yard :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

bigmac3161 said:
Think rizzo had an issue with the pedals being high but maybe that's just with bad back & dodgy lung he's just ready 4 the knackers yard :eusa-think:

:lol: :lol: :lol: ain't that the truth!! I
also grumbled that there isn't enough lumber support (for my ailing back and lungs). Crikey...just turned thirty and sound older than my old man. Mind you...he's probably in better nick!! :lol:

Don't let the review (nor my grumblings) put you off. Individually and collectively we have extensively driven the RCZ and can rubbish the review. I've read it too and although I agree about then pedals, you simply adapt your seating position and, unless your around the 6ft mark, I don't think you'd notice. None of it niggles enough to spoil my enjoyment or RCZ love affair!!

A

Anonymous

It's not putting me off anything other than buying that magazine again...

A

Anonymous

johnw said:
It's not putting me off anything other than buying that magazine again...

Glad to hear it. Technically they aren't even right. The interior isn't exactly the same...it has new door cards and interior options. ;)

A

Anonymous

theres a slight difference with the interior
sports steering wheel as standard along with short shift gear box , leather look door cards , some extra bits of chrome trim and the lion on the seat is lower down

A

Anonymous

I spoke to the editor or auto express today it was a mistake and the review should have been 4 stars not 1 star, and he commented that it is still their favourite coupe (although that was qualified with - 'for the time being')

A

Anonymous

johnw said:
I spoke to the editor or auto express today it was a mistake and the review should have been 4 stars not 1 star, and he commented that it is still their favourite coupe (although that was qualified with - 'for the time being')

That's a complete farce. I trust that they will be adding an apology for that blunder in the subsequent edition. Mind you, the damage will already have been done for many prospective customers who were considering it. Tut tut tut!! Good work on your part though!! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

The error was apparently only in the iPad newsstand edition of the magazine so hopefully not too much damage done

A

Anonymous

johnw said:
The error was apparently only in the iPad newsstand edition of the magazine so hopefully not too much damage done

Small mercies!! I presume that the overall article betrayed the star rating then?

A

Anonymous

Kind of a neutral article because it really only seemed a rehash of the press release, but I could not understand how their 2012 coupe of the year could get only 1 star, hence my getting in contact with them.