What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

asphalt leather seats

A

Anonymous

hi, my asphalts seats are already getting "crinkly" even though i condition the leather regulary. also the drivers seat is creaking.think its the actual seat frame, really annoying, sounds like an old arm chair whenever your weight distribution changes, i.e changing gear!!! going back to dealership. also another wing mirror needs replacing due to motor making grinding noise. shame they have to have it for two weeks so they can match the paint!!! so much for an exclusive car! slightly peeved as you can see.

A

Anonymous

The noise from your wing mirrors can be cured with a good dose of WD40, did mine weeks ago, not a sound since.

RCZ1

Reaction score
djarv said:
hi, my asphalts seats are already getting "crinkly" even though i condition the leather regulary. also the drivers seat is creaking.think its the actual seat frame, really annoying, sounds like an old arm chair whenever your weight distribution changes, i.e changing gear!!! going back to dealership. also another wing mirror needs replacing due to motor making grinding noise. shame they have to have it for two weeks so they can match the paint!!! so much for an exclusive car! slightly peeved as you can see.

Excuse my ignorance but I thought the middle part of the seat (the bit you sit on) was alcantara? This is the part that usually goes crinkly, as you put it. Wouldn't think you would use leather products on that. The other thing is you mentioned leather conditioner which doesn't do anything. Leather in cars requires regular cleaning and then "protecting" every 3 months or so with a leather protector NOT conditioner.

Protect from new
Maintain on a regular basis
Deep clean three or four times a year

These 3 steps will keep your leather in tip top shape without the need for any oils, waxes or conditioning products that will only sit on the surface and attract more dirt.

Alas though, the problem lies not in the actual leather but the type of foam used in the seats. The foam (as well as the design) determines how the leather wears - ie the thicker the foam - less creasing. But TBH the RCZ seats are wearing quite well. I've seen the leather seats in TT's, some BMWs, Hondas and the leather is really, really creased. Way more than the RCZ or my last car come to that.

Other people have mentioned about creaking seats so I'm sure your dealer will be able resolve your problem.

As to your wing mirror, I can't understand why they didn't replace both of them at the same time. I had both mine replaced at the same time. I don't envy you the process of matching the paint. It's difficult enough at the best of times but on matt paint is even more challenging.

I obviously hope you get all your problems ironed out as soon as possible.

A

Anonymous

Looks like creaking seat bases may be becoming an issue ... We had ours changed before we sold our RCZ... Took a while for it to be authorised by Peugeot as they cost about £1250 each ( apparently ) :crazy:

A

Anonymous

The asphalt has no alcantara on the seats just extra stitching hopefully peugeot will sort this out in the forth coming facelift model, my seat looks like a wave pool............ ie cheap leather/bad design and i look after them weekly :eusa-think: As for the wing mirrors its not motor at fault its the plastic stand rubbing against the plastic mirror housing and it only happens in warm weather as the plastic expands.you wont get the noise in the winter :dance: :dance: :lol:

Ps ...the aphalt leather is of the same quality as rcz gt

RCZ1

Reaction score
It isn't all due to the quality of leather, it is actually the foam used in the seats.

My leather is not Peugeot leather, it is actually better quality than that used by Peugeot. No I'm not bragging, it's fact. Like for like leather in mine and OH's car is prove that it is the foam used in the seating that is the key to how leather wears. And as told to me by my leather refitter.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
It isn't all due to the quality of leather, it is actually the foam used in the seats.

My leather is not Peugeot leather, it is actually better quality than that used by Peugeot. No I'm not bragging, it's fact. Like for like leather in mine and OH's car is prove that it is the foam used in the seating that is the key to how leather wears. And as told to me by my leather refitter.

At the end of the day whether its the leather or the foam ? Both no doubt its bad whilst on the seat subject they also lack lateral support giving no grip to the body at all.

A

Anonymous

bradshaw said:
The noise from your wing mirrors can be cured with a good dose of WD40, did mine weeks ago, not a sound since.
due to the car having the matt paint finish i do not want to risk any excwss WD40 running out onto paint work and staining it. so replacement is being done.

A

Anonymous

Mikeyuk said:
Looks like creaking seat bases may be becoming an issue ... We had ours changed before we sold our RCZ... Took a while for it to be authorised by Peugeot as they cost about £1250 each ( apparently ) :crazy:

my dealership solved my creaky seat prob by replacing the seat base. im sure they could afford it!!! it was the least they could do. im getting to be in there so often starting to think im an employee!!!