What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Anyone Else ?

A

Anonymous

About a month or so ago I changed the reversing lights to LED bulbs.
They work fine and I am very happy with them.
Today I carried out a manual diagnosis using the feature in the menu
of my monochrome screen.
I was surprised when it informed my my reversing lights were faulty.
has anyone else had this and could I be doing any harm to the electrics ?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Sounds like a canbus error.
It's because of the voltage that led bulbs draw compared to normal filament bulbs, the car thinks it's got a bulb that isn't working, and flashes up the error message.

Because they're bulbs that only come on when you reverse, you won't really notice any problems. If it had been indicator bulbs for example, they would have probably flashed rapidly, as the cars computer would think one of the bulbs was out.

I doubt that it will cause any problems, especially as they are rarely on. It is possible to fit a resistor so that your car thinks everything is ok, or probably easier to just fit canbus safe led bulbs, or just ignore the error message so long as they are working ok :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Thanks - I will leave it as is.
The error message only shows when I do a manual check which I have only done twice in 2 years !

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Correct as everyone as mentioned, the reverse lights are the only ones that have ever triggered such a warning, but this is the cost of changing them to LED bulbs. The bulbs we sell are canbus but still can trigger this warning but nothing we can do as none of the bulbs on the market will do anything different unless you change something like the actual bulb type which is in our mind a waste of time. We have the LED bulbs in our car and they are much better than the factory ones even if the car does not like them...so they stay :)