What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

ANY UPDATE ON MODIFIED EXHAUST.

A

Anonymous

Hi Guys,
anyone with any latest update on an affordable replacement exhaust for the 200THP,either catback OR rear silencer option,saw and heard the feline pack system recently impressed by look but no real improvement in anger noise level the car is crying out for :evil: im no boy racer but with such a superb good looking vehicle why on Gods earth did Peugeot not put a bit more on enhancing the sound quality,Milltek will not be to interested as they cater for high volume German cars and very involved with VW/AudI/Skoda and Seat,such a shame as they make cracking systems,i was fortunate to have a full catback on my previous Mk5 Golf GTI.
I have been looking at a few German options but far 2 expensive,HELP.. :x

A

Anonymous

I was looking at getting small custom batch made up but it was recieved with a luke warm response so I shelfed it for a bit.

I cant see why Milly wont be involved the RCZ is outselling the TT and they made a system for my old MGF.

what would you be looking for in a system?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for response,what im looking for is possibly cat-back but the cost alone would be in excess of £800.00 unless my facts would be wrong,otherwise a good quality resonated rear system but allowing a deep noise on idle and lower revs to mid range,i have used Milltek for years and they were superb but if they decided to come on board with the RCZ i would fit one without hesitation,even with a good quality rear system i presume cost would be in region of £350.00 plus.
If another supplier would accomodate the RCZ then please count me in :clap:
However if rumours are true :eek:the forthcoming 2012 210bhp upgrade RCZ will have a redesigned exhaust system i just hope they remember to rectify the sound level.

A

Anonymous

the only problem with designing an exhaust for the RCZ is the 308 Pan... the damned wheel well..

Getting a nice sound from a single twin is cheap and easy.. quads are harder.. and throw up all sorts of problems unless its a workaround like the feline kit where it doesnt do much except smoke a little.

When we had the car on the ramps, like has been said on here, they advised for big power the CAT would be moved away from directly beside the turbo (prolonging the life of the turbo as a bonus) and a better bore would take you up to the magical 210 mark. This wouldnt be what id be going for to be honest, not at this stage. But a nice burble would be most welcome!

A

Anonymous

Thanks again,first time i have seen this,i would be genuinely interested if a system could be developed,its only a matter of time before a after- market is available but please keep me updated.

A

Anonymous

When i saw them fitted to an RCZ last month these were the proper Peugeot supply fit,i was impressed with the look and does complement the car very well,but on tick over i could not see an improvement,perhaps im 2 particular but any good looking car with drop dead looks deserves a soundtrack,not very sure if this is a Peugeot trait as i well remember the good old 205Gti superb engine/ chassis but sounded so rattly and tinny.I think some of the German manufactorors have taken stock on this in the last few years and your stock hot hatches and tuned family cars do sound very good.

A

Anonymous

reason I ask is that good sound from a single side exit is easy.. and could be done quickly and for not too much cost..

Twin exits for the RCZ will always be costly.

A

Anonymous

Given the choise i would prefer to stick with the standard factory look twin tailpipe rear single exhaust,would love to have the Ruffer set up,instant WRC sound,but common sense and cost prevails at the moment,the only thing im pesimistic about is as time goes by these superb machines will become a tuners delight look what happened with the Impreza and sadly the boy racer brigade you see driving them nowdays.
Anyway off my high horse,still waiting patiently for that perfect system interested what you said about Milltek will send e.mail the more intrest shown may change their views,let you know if any update.

A

Anonymous

Take a look at the last gen Civic Type R only ten years after it's release have the prices dropped to "boy racer" prices. The RCZ, I expect anyway with it's limited numbers, will be at least a decade before it's molested by such people. In the intern however I do expect premium tuners to give tweaking a go. But this is likely to mean high prices of aftermarket components for quite some time.

If it's just a nicer sound I would maybe see about keeping the existing back box and replacing the mid resonator box with a smaller one. You will get a more sporty tone and nicer burble

A

Anonymous

@ Figo.......................not taken your plans any further then? Damn!

A

Anonymous

I've been to see the place (ironically a VW and Audi tuner :lol:) and they are keen to do it in a batch its just really me thats holding the project back in all honesty.

Ideally they would want to create a system that would really unleash the power of the engine.

They sketched up plans and designed a nicely optimised route with sports CAT etc but thats not really what the forum wants.

And plus the prices, while still a LOT cheaper than the Ruffer etc, were more than what I could justify spending on a batch.

However if I built 5 or 6 of a simpler good souding system then the cost is lower and they could sit with me till I found buyers.

Ill get into again next week this training for the 24 hour charity football match has been taking up all my time lately..

A

Anonymous

:crazy: well stop playing with that stupid shaped ball and get a grip, fella!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for latest on possible supplier,would be very interested if you could come back when you have a little more time and info,if they would base it on a cat-back and cost ok,then count me in,did contact Milltek they did not poo poo idea for RCZ system but not in development plans as yet,but they did confirm that it is a car they will look at in time,cheers for now.