What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Another Prospective RCZ owner

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I agree Phantom, the seats in the Asphalt do look VERY nice. When I had mine re-trimmed there were a thousand and one options I could have gone for, some pf which were not dis-similiar to the Asphalt's but I played it safe, as it was the first time I'd had it done. When I have them done again, I will certainly go for something a bit different.

There is some sagginess on my driver's seat, the passenger one not really, as my mother tends to be the only person that I have in the car. I did the heated cloth thing in about October time, so I will do it again March time. It did seem to work, for a short time at least.

Sorry if you posted this elsewhere but why did you re-trim the seats?, material problems or did you just prefer a different colour/finish etc ?

A

Anonymous

In response to the question of if I had consider the Ashpalt, the straight answer is no, basically I am not keen on matte paint at all, but I do like the seats though as they may be less likely to sagginess, on the other hand as RCZ1 says, leather needs care. Saggines is a characteristic of it, like our skin, with age sagging is unavoidable, but if nourished and fed from time to time will last longer in good condition. some say that sagging leather gives some character too, but of course in a new car you don't expect that to happen after a few months of use, another issue that Peugeot should put some interest in.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Phantom said:
RCZ1 said:
I agree Phantom, the seats in the Asphalt do look VERY nice. When I had mine re-trimmed there were a thousand and one options I could have gone for, some pf which were not dis-similiar to the Asphalt's but I played it safe, as it was the first time I'd had it done. When I have them done again, I will certainly go for something a bit different.

There is some sagginess on my driver's seat, the passenger one not really, as my mother tends to be the only person that I have in the car. I did the heated cloth thing in about October time, so I will do it again March time. It did seem to work, for a short time at least.

Sorry if you posted this elsewhere but why did you re-trim the seats?, material problems or did you just prefer a different colour/finish etc ?

Phantom I have the Sport model, which comes with cloth seats. Personally I felt that that the car needed leather to give the interior that extra zing so I had it professional re-trimmed by a local company. See thread http://peugeotrczforum.co.uk/trimmed-leather-interior-t892.html