What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

annoying rear rattle

A

Anonymous

hi all
just had the car about a week now bought used. pleased with the car apart from a really annoying rattle ill try to describe it
its coming from rear driver side i think kind off a hollow rattle when going over speed bumps or uneven/bumpy roads. tried the rear seat open and slam close taken out the repair kit and tray. anyone have ideal or same problem
thanks

A

Anonymous

Suspension maybe is it when both rear wheels go over a bump?

A

Anonymous

both and 1 really anything that make the car slightly shake can even hear if i go slow over block paving or slightly rough road ie not dead smooth not sure if it coming from inside or underneath

A

Anonymous

I thought my polystyrene wheel tray was clunking about, so I taped it down .. but mines still knocking .... got the garage on the 2nd for an investigation.

A

Anonymous

Hi,
I've made several entries regarding this issue on other similar threads. This seems to be becoming quite common.
I had it in the garage a total of 7 times for the same problem. I had several repairs including new strut mounts (Peugeot do have an info flash warning about this mine was fitted with modified ones). They did help but the noise was not completely gone. Eventually they replaced the engine mounts and the noise has gone completely.
Point this to the dealer because believe me, after months of the irritating noise, it now feels like I have a new car.

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
I thought my polystyrene wheel tray was clunking about, so I taped it down .. but mines still knocking .... got the garage on the 2nd for an investigation.

Are you using kemnay?

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
donnaj1dlh said:

Are you using kemnay?

Yip, she's going in tomorrow morning. I'm a bit scared they're not going to find anything and try to fob me off :( Steve's going to come with me to collect the car for a bit of manly back up if I need it... seen as he too hears it.

Finger's crossed.......

A

Anonymous

Marisa said:
Hi,
I've made several entries regarding this issue on other similar threads. This seems to be becoming quite common.
I had it in the garage a total of 7 times for the same problem. I had several repairs including new strut mounts (Peugeot do have an info flash warning about this mine was fitted with modified ones). They did help but the noise was not completely gone. Eventually they replaced the engine mounts and the noise has gone completely.
Point this to the dealer because believe me, after months of the irritating noise, it now feels like I have a new car.
did the rattle sound like it was coming from the back

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
any joy

A

Anonymous

I had the same noise when going over speed bumps, turned out to be movement of the exhaust system.

A

Anonymous

bradshaw said:
I had the same noise when going over speed bumps, turned out to be movement of the exhaust system.
was u able to sort it urself ?

A

Anonymous

My dealer said it was the exaust moving that was making the noise, after filling the car fully with petrol today, no noise at all, evan over speed bumps, how do you explain that? Can anyone?

A

Anonymous

i had that annoying noise too... i took it to my dealer´s, and they mounted some suspensions screws, who were not fully mounted on assembly, and over the time they became more and more lenient... now the car feels great, even passing slowly over speed bumps!

A

Anonymous

Hi, yep, I've got the same! I'm so disappointed in my beautiful car sounding like an old chugawagon. My car has been in for so many things now that the garage just roll their eyes when I turn up. Great to feel wanted after spending so much hard earned cash, still nice to know I and others of us keep them in work! lol.

Richard

Reaction score
Hi people not sure if anyone able to help, replaced all brakes and brake line new springs new Powerflex bushes rear axle, ever bolt and nut replaced on rear axle.

Still getting very odd noise from the rear when driving over bumps. seem to be mostly passenger side noise from, on the springs the plastic part on the top there is a circle with a straight part this holds the spring this meant to be alien a certain way ?

Or anyone got other idea what making the noise ?

Richard

Reaction score
Hi people not sure if anyone able to help, replaced all brakes and brake line new springs new Powerflex bushes rear axle, ever bolt and nut replaced on rear axle.

Still getting very odd noise from the rear when driving over bumps. seem to be mostly passenger side noise from, on the springs the plastic part on the top there is a circle with a straight part this holds the spring this meant to be alien a certain way ?

Or anyone got other idea what making the noise ?

So update new engine mount bushes done, all exhaust, rubber replaced. Still have the knocking noise. The full back end the car all new parts now. At slow speeds the noise very much noticeable at speeds motorway you get very nothing about the noise.

Pedro

Reaction score
Heat shield was common issue on some models my 200 will make a cracking sound after standing for a week after starting off or so disappears once it travels a few Klms I thinks its a movement or motion anomaly

TheWest

Reaction score
We've had exactly the same issue with a 207cc for the 5 years we've owned it. It's been in several garages, several times, but no mechanic can identify the source of the noise. The previous owner was very forthcoming, explaining the car had the odd noise issue. So they clearly tried to find the problem as well.

From my experience, however, the things I would look at are suspension mounts, bad wheel bearings can make all sorts of weird sounds under load, gearbox and diff (which turned out to be the problem in the 207cc, long story), CV shafts, loose exhaust parts (that would be my bet).

If you can, get the car off the ground and give everything underneath a good wiggle. Get in the cabin, give everything a good wiggle, front to back. Check the A-pillars, make sure nothing's loose. Also, never assume you know where the noise is coming from. The chassis are hollow and sounds resonate back to front and vice versa. It's actually really hard to tell.

This is not intended to be advice, I'm not a mechanic by any stretch, I'm a motorcycle guy. Nevertheless, I do hope you find the source of the problem.

Last edited: