What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Ambient/Mood Lighting - What the heck is it?

A

Anonymous

So I think I've finally got everything all figured out - apartfrom this mood lighting thingy. The relevant box is ticked in the setup but nothing seems to happen internally when I switch the headlights on - or maybe she's in a mood and doesn't want to play :lol:

Anyone any ideas?

Also my cruise control stopped working for a couple fo days last weekend. Was planning to call the dealer on the Monday but hey presto it started working again. Anyone had anything similar happen?

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Ambient lighting - as far as I can see - Is an led light that stays on... Nothing special

FGRob

Reaction score
Figo said:
Ambient lighting - as far as I can see - Is an led light that stays on... Nothing special
You have the light in the roof pointing down to the gear change, but you also have a redish low lights in both footwells which can only be seen when you are in the mood or dark :D It's standard on the GT not sure about the sport. I find it very nice to drive in especially on long distances.

Rob

A

Anonymous

mmm ive got the little light pointing down to the gearstick but cant see any lights in the footwell and I have ambient lighting ticked ??

FGRob

Reaction score
adrian said:
mmm ive got the little light pointing down to the gearstick but cant see any lights in the footwell and I have ambient lighting ticked ??
It needs to be very dark before you notice them.

A

Anonymous

Yes I've got the little light pointing downwards but def no lights down in the footwell.

A

Anonymous

shoalcreek said:
Yes I've got the little light pointing downwards but def no lights down in the footwell.

They are really really dim and unless it's totally dark I doubt you would see them, unlike the led above the gear knob, that's so bright I had to turn it all off. :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Hello, I just got a GT 2011 reg. How do I turn the top light off? It is very bright to be honest !!

A

Anonymous

sohail161 said:
Hello, I just got a GT 2011 reg. How do I turn the top light off? It is very bright to be honest !!
Move the position of the middle rocker switch on the light.

A

Anonymous

sohail161 said:
Do you mean the little white led located beside the interior lights that only comes on when you turn your headlights on and shines a small spot light onto the top of the gear knob? If so that's part of the mood lighting and I think it (the mood lighting) can be turned off via the vehicle menu settings.

Sent from my hot tub using Tapatalk 2

A

Anonymous

stevebasshead said:
sohail161 said:
Do you mean the little white led located beside the interior lights that only comes on when you turn your headlights on and shines a small spot light onto the top of the gear knob? If so that's part of the mood lighting and I think it (the mood lighting) can be turned off via the vehicle menu settings.

He surely cannot mean that pin prick light is too bright surely, you can barely tell it's there.

RCZ1

Reaction score
OO58RON said:
stevebasshead said:
sohail161 said:

He surely cannot mean that pin **** light is too bright surely, you can barely tell it's there.

My thought entirely ... ;)

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
He surely cannot mean that pin **** light is too bright surely, you can barely tell it's there.
Probably not, but you never know. But as it's not intuitive how to turn it off and he's a new owner I figured I'd mention it :smile:

A

Anonymous

stevebasshead said:
OO58RON said:
Probably not, but you never know. But as it's not intuitive how to turn it off and he's a new owner I figured I'd mention it :smile:

Good point, I'm not knocking ya, just that I hadn't even considered that pin hole light. (not too sure why editing was required)

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
stevebasshead said:
OO58RON said:

Good point, I'm not knocking ya, just that I hadn't even considered that pin hole light. (not too sure why editing was required)
No worries at all, Ron.

It only occurred to me in the first place 'cos my Mum is very sensitive to lights so it doesn't surprise me what bothers people :smile: