What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Alloy Wheel damage

A

Anonymous

OK, so I kerbed one of my lovely 19" midnight silver alloy wheels.... :thumbdown: Does anyone know if you can get touchup paint for them?? It's just the edge of drivers side front...either that or I'm going to have to get it done professionally....DOH! So annoying....thanks!

RCZ1

Reaction score
Best to get it done professionally. Word of warning though - don't use an acidic wheel cleaner on them as they are very aggressive and once curbed the cleaner will "eat away" at it and can cause corrosion.

A

Anonymous

thanks! Thought that was probably best option - so annoying.....

A

Anonymous

Hi drjac,

Sorry to hear of your 'incident'. Ive had the experience of doing my Nearside rear, which cost me £60 to put right. I have had cars with Alloy wheels for years, and have suffered no problems with the rims, but for some reason, these rims seem flimsy ! ! Keep smiling anyway.

A

Anonymous

sorry to hear that I would get it done professionally personally they will look better professionally than yourself afterwards.

it cost me like £50 to redo my alloys which sound a lot worse than yours are.

I used chips away which did a really good job on it i couldnt see where it was done on my car afterwards

A

Anonymous

Just a quick one on the same topic...........I "gently" kerbed my black sortilage front wheel but was able to hide the scrape with a permanent black marker - Simples!