What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Alloy Wheel Advice

J_D

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently running the standard 18's and find the comfort to be spot on for the long commute I currently do.

I need a couple of back tyres as they are starting to crack, so I'm thinking about maybe upgrading to some nice aftermarket wheels rather than the standard 19" Peugeot wheels.

When looking I've found that 20" wheels are cheaper than 19" wheels, and I know the ride comfort will be destroyed but here's my plan...

How about 20" wheels on air suspension?

Or

19" wheels on comfortable coilovers (If they exist)

Feel free to share your experiences 😊

Cheers

Jon

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently running the standard 18's and find the comfort to be spot on for the long commute I currently do.

I need a couple of back tyres as they are starting to crack, so I'm thinking about maybe upgrading to some nice aftermarket wheels rather than the standard 19" Peugeot wheels.

When looking I've found that 20" wheels are cheaper than 19" wheels, and I know the ride comfort will be destroyed but here's my plan...

How about 20" wheels on air suspension?

Or

19" wheels on comfortable coilovers (If they exist)

Feel free to share your experiences 😊

Cheers

Jon
Hi Jon, I’ve gone for aftermarket 19” alloys just to give a different look to the car although I did like the original sortilege wheels, there’s some cracking deals on alloys at the moment, now as far as comfort goes I’ve not tried 18’s so can’t comment on 19’s yes it’s a little harsh but I don’t think overly so you can’t have a car go round corners on rails and feel like a limo 😁 but recently I’ve added a st of Bilstein B14 coilovers and I think they’re the perfect match far superior to the standard set up although the originals are made by Bilstein.
I were expecting even harsher ride than stock but far from it they’re super at soaking up those big bumps and the rebound is so quick they gain composure very well. I think they’re a bargain at around £1000 but I know someone who’s got a brand new set never been on a car who’ll take £750 if your interested. D25038C2-8188-4D72-90FE-3394511E2B1C.jpeg

Reactions: J_D

J_D

Reaction score
Oh wow your wheels look like 20"s! And the stance is just right, how much were your wheels of you don't mind me asking?

PS Id be very interested in those coilovers thanks let me decide which setup I'd like 1st cheers 😊

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh wow your wheels look like 20"s! And the stance is just right, how much were your wheels of you don't mind me asking?

PS Id be very interested in those coilovers thanks let me decide which setup I'd like 1st cheers 😊
I paid around £750 for my alloys they do look like 20” because the spoke goes right to the edge of the wheel they were a bit of a bargain though ☺️
if you decide to go coilovers just message me and I’ll put you in touch with the guy 👍

Reactions: J_D

Shyn

Reaction score
Just thought I'd mention I had my rims refurbished last week at Perfection Alloys in Leicester and they did an excellent job. (I don't get commission..).

Kevin
View attachment 12788
Hi, that looks brilliant, I have the same wheels, mine are a bit tatty, might I ask how much they charge for a set of 4? Thank you

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
I had all four done by a company in York and was £72 Inc vat per wheel and the choice was amazing and took two days to get the work done also took four new tyres and they fitted them to the wheels and balanced at the same time at no extra charge..

Shyn

Reaction score
I had all four done by a company in York and was £72 Inc vat per wheel and the choice was amazing and took two days to get the work done also took four new tyres and they fitted them to the wheels and balanced at the same time at no extra charge..
Thats a great deal