What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

AirBag/Seat Belt Tensioner Alert - RH Accelerometer location?

Woodie

Reaction score
I have a problem with my 2014 2.0 Diesel. I get an alert on the dash on start up for “Airbag-Seat Belt Tensioner” and can’t seem to get it to clear.

It has had a front impact (twice!!) and I have replaced the front bumper cover and at the time what I thought was the impact sensor. The two modules with the vacuum balance tube?

I’ve had both front seats out and re-seated all the connections as I’m told this can help. No Joy.

I’ve checked all the fuses and they all seem to be Okay.

A local garage ran a diagnostic and the report came back as

LH Bonnet Pyrotechnic Faulty

RH Bonnet Pyrotechnic Faulty

RH Accelerometer Faulty

I get the Bonnet Pyro’s and gonna replace them. But where to I find the Accelerometer? Specifically the RH module. Happy to buy new parts as “Arsey” owes me nothing but I’d like to get this fixed so I can MOT it properly.

lfe

Reaction score
It seems that it is not a single sensor

Attachments

• impact.png
    impact.png
    315.1 KB · Views: 7

Woodie

Reaction score
It seems that it is not a single sensor
I know it's not a single sensor, the Diagnostics mentioned RH Accelerometer which i assume is Right Hand. Is it behind the bumper? inside the door. Under the dash.

chrismac

Reaction score
Found this....Not certain its what you're after...

Attachments

• Doc1.pdf
    183.6 KB · Views: 12

chrismac

Reaction score
.....and it goes without saying that you fiddle about with this at your own risk !

Woodie

Reaction score
.....and it goes without saying that you fiddle about with this at your own risk !
Thanks very much. It's already busted... can't make it much worse.. LOL> Push comes to shove I'll pay someone to fix it. (That'll hurt... I'm a Scotsman!)