What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

air con control panel on rcz 2.0 hdi stopped working

numpty58

Reaction score
Hello,
it's been a while since I last posted, so long that I had to re-register.
the Z has been running like a dream for the last couple of years, but now she has decided to start acting up........
a couple of days ago the lower control panel on the RCZ central dash panel failed to light up. this one controls the air con, blowers, front and rear screen heater, air recirculation etc.
I thought it might be a fuse but after a few miles it came back to life. hooray, problem fixed itself. However yesterday it did the same but then started dropping in and out and has now failed completely. Has anyone seen this problem before or seen this and hopefully a solution in any other threads.
the weather has been wet and miserable here so I thought maybe a little water ingress into the electricals that dried out but don't know where to start looking.
the car is a 2.0 hdi on a 65 plate.
there are no error codes displayed.
thanks in advance
graham

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds just like a loose connection to me they’re pretty easy to get out and check the wiring lots of how 2’s on YouTube.

numpty58

Reaction score
thanks Neil, found a youtube video by Adrian Dragan, how to take the aircon control panel out and replace the LED panels. However when I did that and tested the feeds everything was OK so the as the panel itself didn't light up I invested in a new panel. Found one on ebay by a dismantler in southampton and hey presto I now have air and clear screens. just need to test the circuitry on the old panel to see if I can effect a repair and shelve a spare.
panel cost £25 by the way, untested and at my risk, off a 13 plater.