What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Aftermarket Seats

A

Anonymous

Hi everyone. Just wondering, has anybody installed Aftermarket Sport Seats in their RCZs? Doesn't matter what type or brand.
Am thinking of getting some Recaros or some other brand..

Pros of getting sports seats:
Reduction of total car weight
Thinner seats = more legroom for back passengers (the stock Peugeot seats are very thick!)

Cons of getting sports seats:
Loss of Heated Seats
Loss of power adjustment
Costs $$ and will have 2 stock seats lying around the house

RCZ1

Reaction score
I had my seats leather re-trimmed but they are still the same seats. I find Recaro seats too thin and very uncomfortable. Just my thoughts. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

sorry for off topic, but i love the original seats! perfect fit to body in my opinion. ok - maybe you could gain some room for the back, but is it worth that?

A

Anonymous

Ahh yes.. thanks! the general view seems to be that people like the original seats for comfort.. I've been finding it hard to find someone who has swapped their seats for aftermarket ones!

For me im ok with the reduction in comfort, but am more interested in the potential "back-seat bench" space gains which may make the rear abit more habitable. =P

A

Anonymous

Habitable for who? A midget? No atter how much thinner you make the front seats, the back is never going to be anything more than a place fir your fleece and baseball cap.....

It's a two seater!

A

Anonymous

Mission impossible 5

Attachments

• Peugeot_CRZ-(11).jpg
    Peugeot_CRZ-(11).jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 2,967
A

Anonymous

HAHAHA love the picture! Sums up everything that is the rear seats of the RCZ..
still.... I have hopes that my midget friends will be more comfortable at the back with thinner seats!

A

Anonymous

I'm afraid to say that you only buy a car like the RCZ when you no longer need to use the rear seats. They were not intended for use merely to reduce the insurance premium.

A

Anonymous

@ Obicat, wow cool that you are considering the Recaros... Wish I could do the same, but my body can't fit since I body build. Do it bro!

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
I'm afraid to say that you only buy a car like the RCZ when you no longer need to use the rear seats. They were not intended for use merely to reduce the insurance premium.

I'm buying it as a 4 seater, I've told the wife the family will fit in fine :eusa-whistle:

Besides, that's why I got the towbar fitted so the kids can go in the trailer. Nice quiet journeys n all :)