What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Advice please for matt black arches

A

Anonymous

Hi, new to the forum so forgive me if this has been asked before. I have an RCZ Magnetic in Nera Black with the black pack. I've had it for a few years now, but am ashamed to say over the last winter I have been somewhat lax with cleaning duties (I blame the weather and my husband!) As a result my matt roof arches are looking a mess! They appear mottled and seem to have water marks on them all the time, I'm guessing a lot of it is due to careless rinsing on the odd occasion I have managed to wash it inbetween rain showers (I use Meguiers Gold). So, question 1) - how do I give them a really good clean, 2) - what's the best product to restore them back to black and should I seal them with something? Cheers. :helpme:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
There is a polish on the market called Autosmart Topaz. It is great for bringing back your black arches to their best. It's also good for plastic or paintwork, and doesn't leave a white powder residue on wiping off.

It's what I use on mine.....

Attachments

• IMG_0671.JPG
    IMG_0671.JPG
    253.3 KB · Views: 5,308
Reaction score
I use the Topaz on my Black Magnetic and it works a treat.

Never had a watermark on the arches yet.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies (looks fab DKZ!!) Quick question does this Topaz stuff cover up the marks that are currently on there? Or do I need to use some stuff to get rid of them first then use it? Cheers.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
"You can't handle the truth!!" Or was that Tom Cruise? ;)

A

Anonymous

I have the same problem with my black arches, they are badly discoloured (corroded), so I'm curious as to whether the Autosmart Topaz covered up the existing marks?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
The black arches are actually a plastic composit, so they shouldn’t be corroded. They can get watermarks if neglected, as I haven’t let mine get to that stage, I can’t really say if it will restore them, but having returned from a 3 weeks holiday to find watermarks, the most I have had to do, was to use a soft brush (a soft nailbrush is ideal) to work the polish into the plastic grain, then buff up, repeating as necessary until looking like new again.

apple3337

Reaction score
I mentioned this in another thread that some of you might have missed. My newly purchased black arch "R" had water spotted stains. Quite bad. An excellent detailer here in Melbourne, Australia told me not to cover it up. It's best to remove it. I used Meguiars Ulitmate compound mixed with a tiny bit of super heavy cut compound. Surprisingly it came out with no polishing of the plastic and looks new. It takes quite a bit of time and elbow grease. Just stick with it. It will come off. Zero residue. Covering it up doesn't really fix the problem. To be safe try a small area first. 👍

Attachments

• DSC02555.JPG
    DSC02555.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 8