What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Active spoiler.

littlepippin

Reaction score
Has anybody found out if it is possible to change the speed the spoiler automatically rises ? Would be cool for it to work a bit lower than motorway speeds... 30/40 mph ?

MHM

Reaction score
There are VERY many things in this car's firmware that would be immeasurably better with little tweaks and config changes...this is one such.

I've googled the shit out of this and as far as I've been able to find out, this stuff is baked in and not alterable by the user or the dealer or anybody else. Which is a crying shame.

I'd be very happy to be proved wrong on this and if anyone knows better then I'd love to hear about it.

Michael.

Petrus Doyle

Reaction score
Has anybody found out if it is possible to change the speed the spoiler automatically rises ? Would be cool for it to work a bit lower than motorway speeds... 30/40 mph ?
I have found that it is better to pop the spoiler up when you fancy by pressing the button by the handbrake. To have it going up and down at various speeds automatically, even if that works seems daft.

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
I’d imagine it’d wear out quicker if it lifted up at much lower speeds.

Is there a way to keep it up as long as you want? It seems you push the button to raise and it resets everytime you start the car again.

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Hmmm, mine weirdly seems to reset each time (drops back down next start). Might have to look into that.

Teesside71

Reaction score
Again id love to lower the speed for the highest setting, is it something crazy like 95mph, id be happy it goes up at 70mph. stage one kicks in at about 56mph, tested this with the old confetti trick. make sure no one is behind you however as it looked like a James bond smoke screen, lol.

I have Lexia and PP and the OBD dongle. just have not had time to install on a laptop due to work. have a week off soon, may look into it then.

on my old E46 BMW, I used an app called INPA, and could change loads of variables on the car

Will report back when I've tested

Jaross1807

Reaction score
If you need it up at that speed, why not put it up manually? I have mine up most of the time when driving as the car looks better with it up, in my opinion

Jaross1807

Reaction score
I have found that it is better to pop the spoiler up when you fancy by pressing the button by the handbrake. To have it going up and down at various speeds automatically, even if that works seems daft.
The primary reason for auto spoiler is to come up when it is needed to keep its A55 on the ground as without it, the aero on the car would start lifting it which could be pants changing at higher speeds. It would be cool though that when you are higher speeds that it goes to a 3rd level, near 90deg, to act as an airbrake

IanC

Reaction score
As I understand from various posts on this forum, some RCZs have auto spoilers and others have manual only spoilers. As far as I'm aware, all Aussie cars are of the manual only variety.

Notwithstanding, it seems to me that ALL RCZs probably came off the assembly line with the same spoiler components and connections but software changes were made depending on the country the car was destined for. Maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part. Further wishful thinking prompts me to hope that a guru somewhere will find a solution that will allow me to enable the auto feature on my Aussie car!

Jaross1807

Reaction score
As I understand from various posts on this forum, some RCZs have auto spoilers and others have manual only spoilers. As far as I'm aware, all Aussie cars are of the manual only variety.

Notwithstanding, it seems to me that ALL RCZs probably came off the assembly line with the same spoiler components and connections but software changes were made depending on the country the car was destined for. Maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part. Further wishful thinking prompts me to hope that a guru somewhere will find a solution that will allow me to enable the auto feature on my Aussie car!
Never heard of manual only one but anything is possible. I think a lot of the drivers drive too slow and when it comes up half way at about 100kmh you cannot see it from inside the cab while driving. Only when you hit 160kmh does it go up full height which you can see through the rear view mirror. If I am doing town driving I put it up full height manually. Looks better

IanC

Reaction score
Never heard of manual only one but anything is possible. I think a lot of the drivers drive too slow and when it comes up half way at about 100kmh you cannot see it from inside the cab while driving. Only when you hit 160kmh does it go up full height which you can see through the rear view mirror. If I am doing town driving I put it up full height manually. Looks better
I understand what you're saying but I have a 100kph zone that I drive daily in light traffic. I recently, while testing out a reversing camera setup, temporarily mounted a camera on the back sill which I checked, captured manual operation of the spoiler and its visibility at both the high and lower position. At 100 to 120 km, zip, no movement on the spoiler.

My spoiler will only operate when I press the button!

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Put some confetti in the spoiler and take it out for a drive and when you get back see if it is still there if not all working well

Jaross1807

Reaction score
I understand what you're saying but I have a 100kph zone that I drive daily in light traffic. I recently, while testing out a reversing camera setup, temporarily mounted a camera on the back sill which I checked, captured manual operation of the spoiler and its visibility at both the high and lower position. At 100 to 120 km, zip, no movement on the spoiler.

My spoiler will only operate when I press the button!
You will need to go get them to check the settings. Might have been deactivated for speed activation