What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Active Spoiler

williame

Reaction score
Hi,
I was following an rcz the other day and as we exited a30mph area into a 50mph stretch of road, as he accelerated his spoiler lifted and dropped down again once we had re entered a 30mph area. Looking at write ups about the active spoiler in motoring journals etc, this is how it should operate, however mine only deploys on pressing the button near the handbrake.

Has anyone got an information regarding this. I have had my brother follow me and it remains down even at speeds up to 70mph.

thanks in advance

NF7

Reaction score
RCZ has manual and automatic (active) spoiler modes. When active spoiler is enabled, there is no light on the button near the handbrake. When is in manual, light is on.

There are two stages to the active spoiler.

Stage 1 is when your speed is above 50mph and does not drop below 35mph.
Stage 2 is when your speed is above 95mph and does not drop below 90mph.

Stage 1 spoiler position is not visible from inside the car, Stage 2 is visible.

Either your spoiler was at Stage 1 and your brother did not recognize it deploying or you had manual spoiler enabled (unlikely, since when in manual, its deployed AFAIK). Do you have any errors on the dashboard?

williame

Reaction score
Hi and thank you for the response. There are no error lights on the dashboard. I will get him to drive it and follow him using the above speeds (where appropriate ) and then let you know. Maybe he has not seen it move up.

Reactions: NF7

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Put some confetti or bits of paper in then you will be able to see if it comes up and cover the car following you in confetti lol 😂
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Blondie

Reaction score
If you put confetti in the fin and when it all comes out someone will be asking have you just got married to your RCZ lol 😂

Peter Ealey

Reaction score
Hi,
I was following an rcz the other day and as we exited a30mph area into a 50mph stretch of road, as he accelerated his spoiler lifted and dropped down again once we had re entered a 30mph area. Looking at write ups about the active spoiler in motoring journals etc, this is how it should operate, however mine only deploys on pressing the button near the handbrake.

Has anyone got an information regarding this. I have had my brother follow me and it remains down even at speeds up to 70mph.

thanks in advance
My handbook says it comes out automatically at 95 mph and drops down if you go below 90 mph. I took mine up to 125 mph on an empty stretch of French Autoroute but it never deployed. By the time I thought about going faster I passed under a dot matrix sign showing my number and telling me to slow down. So having had the car since 2015 I have never used the spoiler.

Kenneth

Reaction score
My handbook says it comes out automatically at 95 mph and drops down if you go below 90 mph. I took mine up to 125 mph on an empty stretch of French Autoroute but it never deployed. By the time I thought about going faster I passed under a dot matrix sign showing my number and telling me to slow down. So having had the car since 2015 I have never used the spoiler.
I was wondering if mine worked automatically too. Yesterday I had a good bit of toad to myself. No cameras no cops. Good sight lines for a couple of miles. It works at over 100…😬

and I was going uphill.
That’s the last time I’ll try THAT experiment