What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

AC Leak ?

A

Anonymous

For the 1st time today I have been able to put Peggy over the new pit.
I have seen that the fitting of the Quads will be easier than I had thought (Brave words I hear you say).
Anyway while under the car I noticed a drip. (like a dripping tap that needs a new washer)
I collected what appeared to be some water and drank about a thimble to be sure and it proved to be cool water.
I'm guessing it has come from the AC unit that is now in constant use.
What I don't know is that is this normal ?

A

Anonymous

O Lusitanian said:
For the 1st time today I have been able to put Peggy over the new pit.
I have seen that the fitting of the Quads will be easier than I had thought (Brave words I hear you say).
Anyway while under the car I noticed a drip. (like a dripping tap that needs a new washer)
I collected what appeared to be some water and drank about a thimble to be sure and it proved to be cool water.
I'm guessing it has come from the AC unit that is now in constant use.
What I don't know is that is this normal ?

It's condensation and it's coming from the drain pipe, so nothing to worry about.

Water is in short supply in your country? :lol:

A

Anonymous

If it is coming from your A/C it is perfectly normal to have some condensate coming out... Have lost time of the number of times I've heard "mister, your Jag is leaking"... no it's the Aircon! I'm 99% certain the RCZ will be the same (as indeed for many other cars)...

A

Anonymous

Yep all good advice , if you leave any car ticking over on a slight hill on a hot day with the air on running you will see a little stream of water running down the road after a few minutes . Think of it like a cold beer on a table outside in the sun , it doesn't take long before its sitting in a pool of condensation ;0)