What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

A question for all you R owners

TAC

Reaction score
I have just had a new mot done the garage said the car was like new as its only done 15000 miles in 7 years
Not had any work done apart from servicing the front tyres will need replacing in around 3000 miles brakes ok
Now I am moving to North Cyprus and driving over through Turkey around 2000 miles
So my question is
It is due for a service what would you get checked out and has there been any recalls on the R

MagnaSteyr

Reaction score
Hi TAC, Sorry to see you didn't get any replies .. I'm a newbie but owned an R and would suggest with such low mileage that the number 1 caution you should always take is fresh and correct oil. This is a non negotiable essential with the R - in fact with all RCZ's because the main oil supply feeds the turbos. This simple measure is by far the best measure you can take to preserve your engine and give it optimal longevity and reliability. Aside from that if the car's running well and you've no warning lights, error codes or operative concerns you're good to go. The Prince engine loves to be driven, and revved - under driving and under revving them often causes more problems. No recalls on the R to my knowledge - they're beautifully built by Peugeot Sport using extraordinary tolerances due to the THP:size ratio.

coldel

Reaction score
Yes absolutely sling some miles on that car, all cars are made to be driven not parked for months on end doing the odd supermarket run 👍
The best ownership experience I recall of my cars are the big road trips putting thousands of miles on them, enjoy!

RCZ-R

Reaction score
The only "recall" I remember was a change to the front brake pads. But in all honesty I do not know if this was an official recall at all or only something bound to the German market. My R was one of the early cars on the market and it had different brake pads on the fronts (PFC). Those did some squealing in certain driving conditions. I didn't care, but they got swapped for Ferodos.
Other than that there were no recalls for the R.

And I second the above comments, do more driving with the R. It is a pure driver's car. I enjoyed each and every mile in it and still miss it a lot.