What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

A bit of a weird one

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So, the car was absolutely fine this morning. The OH went out in it, then we both used it just before lunch for a short trip, nothing out of the ordinary.

I have just taken my wife to work, and when we got in the car she said the clock is wrong. And it was. Then looking at the digital clock on the sat Nav screen, it was flashing and of course showing the same incorrect time. :shock:

The other thing was that the radio was on when I parked up before lunch, but the USB stick was selected when I started the car to take my OH to work. :crazy:

I set to altering the clock, and noticed the date was showing as 1st Jan 2000. I went through a few other screens to check the settings, and found that all my previous destinations in the sat Nav had gone. The directory still had all my entries in, it just said "no previous destinations" in that section. :thumbdown:

I haven't found any other discrepancies as yet, but it does seem a bit odd. :eusa-think:

Has anyone else ever had this happen? If so, did you find the cause? :helpme:

It would appear to me that there has been a power cut, but I didn't realise you could have a power cut in a car! :wtf:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
P.s. The car started and ran absolutely fine, in fact, I commented to my OH how well it was running. You know when sometimes the car just seems to be pulling that bit better, like it's really wanting to go, well it felt like that. :dance:

I haven't had chance to check any connections, battery terminals etc yet, but I doubt I'm going to find anything when I do, otherwise I would have expected the car to be having problems starting/running, and it's actually the exact opposite. :?:

Any Auto Electricians out there that knows what might have happened, and is it likely to happen again? :?

renegade79

Reaction score
My guess would be a battery gremlin. Hopefully it won't re-occur! Is the battery still on the original from new?

tianorth

Reaction score
It could have had a small power spike that forced the sat nav computer to reset to factory conditions.
Did you have to setup Bluetooth again, etc?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Battery is still original, but it's only just 2 years old, so shouldn't really be showing its age yet.
Maybe a loose connection, but odd that it was OK when driving then something happened while it was parked on the drive.

I will check under the bonnet later & see if there is anything obvious. If it was a one off I wouldn't be too bothered, although it will probably bug me not knowing the cause.

My real worry is that it could be the start of something more serious. Yes I know the warranty will more than likely cover it, but still don't want the uncertainty of waiting for it to happen again, or next time something more disabling results.

Anyway, I'm not the worrying type, so as long as it's ok time I turn the key I'm happy.

The question is still there though, anyone else had this ?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Actually, I didn't check the Bluetooth, so not sure there. That's something else to look at later :eusa-think: