What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

3rd service info?

A

Anonymous

I own a 2014 mk2 Rcz 156. It's due it's 3rd service at around 31k in two months time. What exactly needs changing? Is it a full service every year or second year? 1st being an oil & filter, second that plus pollen filter & plugs? looking in the service book, just states yearly or 20k service intervals. Asked a dealer they seemed to be confused too.
Many thanks.

tianorth

Reaction score
Pm me your Vin and email address I'll have a look on the Peugeot system.
I'll email you back a copy of the service details.

A

Anonymous

tianorth said:
Pm me your Vin and email address I'll have a look on the Peugeot system.
I'll email you back a copy of the service details.
Thanks very much, I shall. However it's at the dealer's until at least Wednesday. Can the vin be accessed from the reg doc or can you work from the reg?
I hate taking it to the stealers fir servicing, esp when I could do it myself or take it to an Indy. Always helps with warranty claims, even though Peugeot state you can take it anywhere. From previous manufacturer experience you usually get a better service if you've stuck with them for servicing during the manufacturers & their extended warranty periods.
Can we buy serviceable parts trade? I can do so with my vauxhall. I just go to my local vauxhall parts counter, get parts at trade. 5ltrs of fully synthetic 5w 30 oil for under £24. Is it the same with pug? As I've only ever owned one previous pug. A 309 gti Saloon. If only I'd kept it lol.
Sent you a P.M :thumbup:
Cheers.

tianorth

Reaction score
The vin is on the V5, starts with VF34J, I can pull up what is recommended for that service.

PM has been deleted.

For warranty purposes you don't have to use the main dealership you can use an independent garage as long as they are VAT registered and use oem quality parts.

A

Anonymous

tianorth said:
The vin is on the V5, starts with VF34J, I can pull up what is recommended for that service.

PM has been deleted.

For warranty purposes you don't have to use the main dealership you can use an independent garage as long as they are VAT registered and use oem quality parts.
Thanks again for the offer of the recommended service interval. I'd emailed Peugeot Customer Care, they've just informed me of the 3rd service requirements for my 156, as follows:-
Basically an oil & filter on the 3rd service at 30k. This is to keep the manufacturers warranty.
Up to to 20k or 1 year oil change intervals. Every 2 years a pollen filter change. 2 yearly brake fluid change. 4 years or 40k for the air filter. 40k or 4 years for the plugs. PH coolant check 80k. Ancillary drive belt kit. Every 10 years or 120k.
Extended warranty terms & conditions may differ from above.
Yes theoretically you can have it serviced anywhere using pug parts. In practice I've found you get a better service from a dealer you've had it serviced by, in the event of a warranty claim. None manufacturer specific.