What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

308 GTI 270bhp

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Just had an email from Evans Halshaw, they are currently offering the 270bhp 308 GTI FOR £23495 which seems to be a pretty good price really. Top spec car.

http://www.evanshalshaw.com/new-cars/pe ... ffer/7031/

Just thought I would share, as I know a few on here have moved on to 208's & 308's.

If it looked like the RCZ I would have one myself :lol:

A

Anonymous

My local dealer has a 308 GTi 250 with the 270 wheels and seats for £19550 :eek:

frankvdb

Reaction score
I saw this report on the German auto motor sport TV program Fast Lap where they take all types of fast cars on an airfield strip and have a professional race driver set a lap time. It beat the Audi S3 quattro!
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2Az5gW4WPI[/youtube]

renegade79

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
Just had an email from Evans Halshaw, they are currently offering the 270bhp 308 GTI FOR £23495 which seems to be a pretty good price really. Top spec car.

http://www.evanshalshaw.com/new-cars/pe ... ffer/7031/

Just thought I would share, as I know a few on here have moved on to 208's & 308's.

If it looked like the RCZ I would have one myself :lol:
Pete, I would highly recommend a test drive in the 270bhp version. It's an absolute cracker, and faster than an S3 which is mighty impressive!!

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Your probably right Anthony, I'm sure if I drove one, it would change my mind about hatchbacks. It's just, I've had hatchbacks, even hot hatches, and I kind of started drifting over to preferring saloons, or especially coupes. I just needed a change.
When the RCZ came along, it was as if all my Christmases came at once. Performance, handling, and, especially, looks, and all at a price I could just about afford.

It's like I would be taking a step backwards if I started down the hatchback route again. As I have written previously, I would swap my Z (which I love) for an R in a heartbeat, but my OH doesn't want another Z even though she loves the one we have, so our next car will be a change of some sort or another.

Performance is not high on her list of requirements, so I need to find something that ticks her boxes and just happens to be ridiculously quick :D

I actually think she might be happy with the 308 although she has said she thought it looked a bit bland. If she saw all the toys, it would likely sway her into fancying one, I just don't know if I would be comfortable having one on the drive, I would still be seeing my beautiful Z parked there in my mind, & I think I would constantly be looking for a suitable replacement.
If I'm over that way, I might see if I could have a spin in one, just to satisfy my curiosity.. never say never :eusa-think:

t110jim

Reaction score
Check with you local dealer they may beat Evans halshaws price. I did :dance: