What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

3 for 2 on Auto Finesse @Polished Bliss

RCZ1

Reaction score
Seamusoh2 said:
OO58RON said:
Seamusoh2 said:
Excuse my ignorance. How is the snow foam applied?

This is an image of a "Snow Foam Lance" it attaches to the end of a power washer eg Karcher. You add a diluted mixture of snow foam into the bottle, attach to pressure washer and spray contents over your car. Leave for a period of time (say 15 minutes) and then blast off with water via the pressure washer. It is basically a pre wash to remove grit and grime to avoid scratching your paintwork whilst in the process of washing it with soapy water.
Cheers. I gave one of those. Didn't have a clue what it was for :-(

Ah but don't get this confused with those that come as an attachment with a power wash. They don't work anywhere near as well as a proper snow foam lance which you are able to adjust how much of a mix of water and foam you get as you go along as well as adjusting the spray.

It's worth investing in a proper lance or for a cheaper option buy a pressure sprayer from Wilkos and some Valet Pro Advanced Neutral Snow Foam and use it diluted as a pre wash at a dilution of 1:20 down to 1:8. Great cleaning power.

RCZ1

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
RCZ1 said:
I've not tried any Autobrite products I'm afraid but I can tell you a little secret. Auto Finesse Tough Coat sealant is really Autobrite's Seal and Protect. Its rebottled and the AB is cheaper. Happens quite a lot apparently.

Really...?! :-o Wow!! I never knew that!! It makes you wonder then what other products you pay a premium for... : eusa-think:

Yes, it's very wide spread. I try to use products where they have a chemist background and/or are clearly in the business of developing products and working on new innovations. It's why I like Gtechniq products. They are constantly developing their products to make them better and better.

The same goes for Dodo Juice for their waxes.

A

Anonymous

Would you see Chemical Guys in the same way? I see them as being innovators and I love their products and their branding. I also admire and like the Dodo juice products (haven't used their waxes but have a range of other bits and bobs) but have only limited experience of Gtechniq. I have, however, just purchased some G3/5 and am keen to give it a go.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Oh yes I'm a big fan of Chemical Guy products.
I've got plenty in my detailing box. They just work as they are supposed to and are very easy to use.
I use their shampoo, snow foam No Touch, which is the best snow foam for cleaning (as opposed to a pre wash), Quick Detailer, sealants ... None of their products have ever disappointed.

The Dodo Supernatural range of products are very good - buffing cloth is super soft and applicators for applying waxes.
Waxes are great too. I love Lime Prime pre wax cleanser - lovely and oily and adds a great shine.

That will be used on Ruby when she gets here along with a new wax that my lovely husband has just ordered for me tonight. I love him ..... :)

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I've got plenty in my detailing box. They just work as they are supposed to and are very easy to use.
I use their shampoo, snow foam No Touch, which is the best snow foam for cleaning (as opposed to a pre wash), Quick Detailer, sealants ... None of their products have ever disappointed.

The Dodo Supernatural range of products are very good - buffing cloth is super soft and applicators for applying waxes.
Waxes are great too. I love Lime Prime pre wax cleanser - lovely and oily and adds a great shine.

That will be used on Ruby when she gets here along with a new wax that my lovely husband has just ordered for me tonight. I love him ..... :)

A man who knows how to please his lady! You're going to have such a ball with the first initial detail of Ruby...and on all the subsequent occasions.

That Dodo Lime Prime is supposed to be fantastic but I couldn't get my hands on it anywhere when I was last ordering. I will look for it again though as I know people rave about it. If i was looking for something less cutting would I be better with the Lime Prime Lite or do you reckon the regular one is the one to go with? I do have some of their "Supernatural Micro Prime" and it's awesome!

Just placed a new order with Chemical Guys (and blagged a sweet keyring off them). I ordered some new buffing cloths, some V7, air freshener and buckets and grit guards. Also placed an order at PB for a range of bits and pieces. I do find their site very helpful...and they price match as I just discovered so battered them down to £5.95 per bottle of Auto Finesse Citrus Power! :grin:

What products are you going to be using on Ruby?

RCZ1

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
RCZ1 said:

A man who knows how to please his lady! You're going to have such a ball with the first initial detail of Ruby...and on all the subsequent occasions.

That Dodo Lime Prime is supposed to be fantastic but I couldn't get my hands on it anywhere when I was last ordering. I will look for it again though as I know people rave about it. If i was looking for something less cutting would I be better with the Lime Prime Lite or do you reckon the regular one is the one to go with? I do have some of their "Supernatural Micro Prime" and it's awesome!

Just placed a new order with Chemical Guys (and blagged a sweet keyring off them). I ordered some new buffing cloths, some V7, air freshener and buckets and grit guards. Also placed an order at PB for a range of bits and pieces. I do find their site very helpful...and they price match as I just discovered so battered them down to £5.95 per bottle of Auto Finesse Citrus Power! :grin:

What products are you going to be using on Ruby?

I personally prefer the regular Lime Prime. I have both the regular and Lite and to me, the Lite's not as nice to work with. I've not tried the Micro Prime but maybe I will do one day. Have you tried the Micro Prime on your roof arches?

I still haven't fully decided what I'm going to use on Ruby. After polishing with Meguiars 205, still contemplating using a base sealant of Gtechniq C1 and then top with one of the many waxes I have ..... And the new one ;). .. Or in the summer months polish with Lime Prime and top with wax and in the winter apply a coat of Gtechniq C2 as that repels dirt well, which is what you want in winter, and maybe just apply the odd coat of wax here and there, if I feel like it. I just much prefer a wax on red cars rather than a sealant. Sealants add a glassy look but I want a deeper, warmer glow on red. Oh decisions, decisions.... !

A

Anonymous

I see cyc have lime Prime back in stock so maybe I'll get some. I have some points I can use against it. Do you use an applicator pad or jusy a microfiber to apply and buff?

You're very secretive about this new wax...wonder what it is... :eusa-think: I had been using collinite on my Dolphin. It lasts for ages between applications but it's a nightmare to apply. I'm going to try out some of the new sealants I have bought to try and obtain that glassy look when I am fit enough to give her a clean. Suspect that is still a few weeks away yet..humph! :( :sad:

RCZ1

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
I see cyc have lime Prime back in stock so maybe I'll get some. I have some points I can use against it. Do you use an applicator pad or jusy a microfiber to apply and buff?

You're very secretive about this new wax...wonder what it is... :eusa-think: I had been using collinite on my Dolphin. It lasts for ages between applications but it's a nightmare to apply. I'm going to try out some of the new sealants I have bought to try and obtain that glassy look when I am fit enough to give her a clean. Suspect that is still a few weeks away yet..humph! :( :sad:

Lol I'm not being secretive about the new wax, it's actually a new wax, Bouncer's Capture the Rapture. Bouncer's are a little independent off shoot of Dodo Juice. Bouncer is making his own waxes and some of them look really appealing, hence my purchase. They are nice and oily, which is what I like. Gives a lovely glossy, wet look and makes them incredibly easy to apply AND buff. It's durability is not the best but it's the depth of shine that it gives that I'm interested in. I will be using it on top of either Dodo Orange Crush or Victoria Concours wax and reapplying once a month or so.

I only used Collinite once and it took me an absolute age to remove. Never again. It's a paste wax, which isn't my cup of tea, hence the oily waxes.

I use a foam applicator pad for Lime Prime as that is oily too and I find the fibres from a microfibre pad stick to the oils.

You sound like you are really getting the detailing bug Mr Rizz ;). I knew it would happen sooner or later. Are you a bit skint now with all this spending you have been doing? I'm sure once you feel up to it, your Dolphin is going to look stunning :)

A

Anonymous

Hahahaha... :lol::lol::lol::lol: Yup the bug has bitten bad. I almost entirely blame you! :wink::grin: However, I think that a relatively large initial spend will then only mean that I buy the occasional top up product or something that I wish to experiment with/try. It's been a revelation to me and I have to thank you for the introduction to this new world. I am so far behind you in skill and knowledge but you are like the female Obi-Wan Kenobi or Yoda of detailing.

Ah...so that's the story with Bouncer waxes. I had read plenty of references to Bouncer waxes on DW but I couldn't quite piece it all together. I did read in one thread that he (?) and someone else on there had bought kits and were making their own waxes. Folks seem to rave about them!

Yup, the collinite is a veritable workout to remove. It leaves a nice finish but it's a nightmare to buff. Thanks for the tip about applying the Lime Prime. :thumbup: