What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

208 preview events

A

Anonymous

out of curiosity did anyone else receive emails asking if you are interested in having a preview before launch of the new Peugeot 208 at your local dealers at certain times of the day.

if so are you going to go to have a look?

A

Anonymous

Hey

I got a letter in the post but it's for a dealership miles away from me.

I will be popping along to my local for a look though.

Keiran

A

Anonymous

Going to have a look at 208 later this month. I hope it i s a decent car, as I am hoping to change from my RCZ soon.

Joske

Reaction score
Sint-Huibrechts-Hern - Limburg - Flanders
I have seen it in January during Brussels motorshow (VIP invite from Peugeot). If I needed a new small hatch, it definitely would be the 208. :thumbup: Looks way better in person then on pictures. :clap:

A

Anonymous

Already seen one in the flesh and really like it...driving one on Tuesday I hope!

A

Anonymous

Just returned from the 208 preview. The car is very good,but the dealer ?? No one asked my name or what I thought of the car. What was the point of registering ?? mmmm....there is a VW dealer down the road.......maybe I will see what they are 'UP!' to.......

A

Anonymous

I'm taking my folks to the event next week. They're looking to update their 307.

A

Anonymous

Well blow me. My folks ordered a 208 tonight at the preview event. I didn't think my Dad did spontaneous! The 208 is a lovely car. I'd have been seriously tempted myself if I still had the 207. They've gone for a 1.6HDi 115 Allure in Moroccon Red 5dr. Should be delivered mid-July.

Hatman

Reaction score
Good on them. The two together could be a picture winner. Is that the same red as the GTi concept?

A

Anonymous

Mmm not sure, possibly. The fact that it doesn't come with a CD player was almost the deal breaker though. All but the cheapest models only have the USB/ipod connections. Not good when your 60+ and never used an ipod or a laptop to store music. Guess its down to me to download all their CDs now :-( also can't believe I'll be the one with the old car too, once Steve takes delivery of the Evoque as well. Never mind.

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
Mmm not sure, possibly. The fact that it doesn't come with a CD player was almost the deal breaker though. All but the cheapest models only have the USB/ipod connections. Not good when your 60+ and never used an ipod or a laptop to store music. Guess its down to me to download all their CDs now :-( also can't believe I'll be the one with the old car too, once Steve takes delivery of the Evoque as well. Never mind.

Aah yes but you'll still be the one with the RCZ (the rarest of the three) and will remain the envy of many other road users and passers by. I'd take heart from that. Good for your folks though! So you'll have to find something else to berate your OH about when he say goodbye to the "focarse". Oh and out of interest, what's the tow bar required for on the Evoque? Are you planning on adding to the horsepower of your RCZ with an actual horse?!

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Oh and out of interest, what's the tow bar required for on the Evoque? Are you planning on adding to the horsepower of your RCZ with an actual horse?!

Historically we've "used" Dad and his towbar/trailer for many things ... moving, trips to the tip, renovating etc and I feel quite bad sometimes "Oh Dad fancy a trip over to ours? Any while you're at it, take the trailer" so that's why I briefly considered the towbar for the RCZ - but when I found out the price (think it was just short of £400) Dad told me not to bother as I could use his whenever I needed it. But when Steve ordered the Evoque, his main reason was for a bike rack and a occasional use of the trailer without having to put Dad out. Plus T&C told us that the Evoque towbar was £550 on a new build but was £1000 to fit it aftermarket and it's fully detachable.

Poor Dad will have to wait for a towbar for the 208, they're not released yet. So no trailer work between 208 delivery in July and Evoque delivery in October.....

The made quite a feature of the 20*s last night .... mint 205, 206 and 207 on show next to the 208. The 205 GTi is for sale too, £8000, but it was showroom quality. Beautiful. Steve would have been after that if he'd been there.

A

Anonymous

My mate is looking to get a hold of a 205 GTI as a fun car for weekends etc :thumbup: ...I might pass that on to him. Is it being sold through Belmont? What colour is it?

A

Anonymous

Yep it's out at Kemnay ..... dare I say it ... you or Richard might see it soon enough :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle: only teasing........

Worth enquiring like....

Beautiful bright red