What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

2011 PETROL RCZ BATTERY CHANGE

NATSPLATNAT

Reaction score
Hi All!
Just wondering if anyone has changed the battery on their RCZ themselves?

My 2011 Z is not starting (will do with a jump start) and unless there is something draining the battery, I am guessing it is dead (cell collapsed). I called Peugeot assist this morning as I was told they could run a diagnostic check on the car - when they finally turned up after 3.5 hours (!!!!) the guy just jumped it, checked the autonator and said I probably need a new battery (not what I had waited for!!)

Looking on here I have seen comments that a battery change needs to be registered with the ECU. Is this correct. My OH is a mechanic, so the physical part of changing the battery shouldn't be an issue - just the electronic side of it.

Also, can anyone tell me what battery I have? I am at work and don't fancy having to start removing covers etc :(

Many thanks in advance - you wonderful people! x

tianorth

Reaction score
I can't think of anything the battery would give apart from power that would need to be registered.
Also how do you register a battery if old one is dead, presumably it would have to be done before fitting or else why register it?

Before changing it I would get it load tested as that would confirm if battery is going/gone duff.
Else it may point to another fault.

A

Anonymous

Just replace it and that's all.
When my battery was on it's final breath, got some errors as the engine error and other problems. Replaced for one with bigger capacity, obviously same size and worked great. Reason being choosing one with a bigger capacity was due to my driving being often in the night and keeping most of the things on all the time. After that, not a single problem related to this.

tianorth

Reaction score
Glad you got it sorted.

Bigger capacity means the power saving mode won't cut in as quickly.

Sanity

Reaction score
Good :)
I'm looking to replace my battery and think I'll get me the yellow top from Optima.
Has anyone here that kind of battery in their car?
I used a red top in an old Mi16 and it was absolutly amazing in terms of power, lastability and performance.
For example, I had a lot of audio equipment back then and there was a large difference in how loud I could play music before the sound got worse. And in the winter periods it never failed to start the car. It always starten right away no matter how cold it got! And we do have cold periods :)

tianorth

Reaction score
Modern day batteries are not like the old batteries.
They are not built to last.

Where as you could buy a second hand car (say 6 years old) and then drive it for the next 4 or 5 years the then you decide to change the battery to be told "well this is the original battery they put into the cars from new" .

Nowadays you might be lucky to get 5 years from a battery.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
And you used to get a night out at the flicks, fish & chips and a pint and still have change from 10 Bob :eusa-whistle:

2retro

Reaction score
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKHFZBUTA4k[/youtube]

2retro

Reaction score
renegade79 said:
is that john cleese second from left??
It is indeed. Not sure which one DKZ is though... ;)

NATSPLATNAT

Reaction score
Just thought I would add that with a new battery, economy mode takes much longer to kick in.... longer than when I first had the car, new from the showroom!

the big blue

Reaction score
Hi all' :greetings-wavingblue:

..NATSPLATNAT raised the point which seems to have been overlooked and that is about the "battery having to be registered" ! Am I right in thinking that the latter is NOT the case and if that is true it's that fact that annoys me and is a further reason why I like the styling concept of the Z' but despise the marque. If it doesn't need registering then why do Peugeot (if they do) state it other than to assist their main agents to fraudulently take funds from owners and if that's the case then it simply becomes another reason why the overall Z' experience diminishes. :eusa-think:

.the big blue (..I simply don't like being ripped off especially if its assisted by a motor manufacturer !!) :clap:

A

Anonymous

Clearly the dealer trying to force his "cut" from the deal. Simply unplug the old one, replace for the new one and that's it. You may need to enter time/date after, but nothing really complex.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Just as a matter of interest, although it will probably never actually apply to me, is the stereo coded? Do you need to input anything to get things working again after everything has been disconnected ? :eusa-think:

dreamer

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know what type of battery ir on HDi engines? Maintenance Free, Wet Cell (flooded), AGM (absorbed glass mat), Gel Cell or VRLA (valve regulated lead acid)? and what capacity has?

A

Anonymous

DKZ5745 said:
Just as a matter of interest, although it will probably never actually apply to me, is the stereo coded? Do you need to input anything to get things working again after everything has been disconnected ? :eusa-think:

If you're refering to the battery, no. The time will be messed up, but you can adjust or et the GPS sort itself. Always opted for the first option.