What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

2008 Review

A

Anonymous

Well I went to the preview night of the 2008 last night.

Verdict (before we get too far) ..... AWFUL :(

The pictures in the press are very clever .... make it look like a wee SUV - kinda Juke/Kuga like - well in fact its just a 'rugged' looking 208 estate. Every colour is bland .... 3 greys, 3 whites, dakota brown (a.k.a Bistre - by they way still not a Bistre on here yet??) , Virtual blue and black. Dull. Dull. Dull. The car I saw last night was Cumulous Grey - they most boring 'no paint grey' imaginable and hardly made the car 'ping'.
I think they've pitched this car at the 50/60 age group - slightly higher up (well a LOT compared to the RCZ - I reckon the door sill on the RCZ is about ankle bone on me and the 2006 is mid calf). But I think they're missing a trick with perhaps the 'yummy mummy' brigade (as the boots is plenty big enough for a pushchair/pram) but I think it would be more desirable if there had been perhaps a Moroccon red in there too?
Biggest gimmick has to be the little neon strip lights that run along the edge of the Cielo roof (they match the little lights round the instrument cluster). But there's no Xenons, no centre arm rest and the ipod connectors are just in the 'sweetie slot' under the heater dials. I hate the thought of my ipod being on display. Personally that would mean rewiring it into the glove box.
One pro is that it comes with all weather tyres are standard, Goodyear ones. That would prove very beneficial in the North East of Scotland.
My Dad (being a decent sized farmer build) didn't like the position of the central door pillars - he found he was bangin his shoulders on it getting out - especially if the seat is back for longer legs.

HOWEVER ... my head HAS been turned by the 208GTI (argh, I'm a diesel driver!) .... there was a Bianca white in the show room and the demonstrator was Moroccon red .... defo gonna have myself a test drive of one of them. Being under £20K, I reckon the money I'd save monthly could go towards the extra tank of fuel a month! I loved the black leather seats with the red trim and the hint of the retro '205 tartan', and the red kinda "dip dye" graduate effect on the plastic trims. One seriously cool wee car. I'd must prefer driving that around a multi storey carpark :) .... and Steve said he can see J1DLH on it ... me too unfortunately!!!

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
Well I went to the preview night of the 2008 last night.

Verdict (before we get too far) ..... AWFUL :(

The pictures in the press are very clever .... make it look like a wee SUV - kinda Juke/Kuga like - well in fact its just a 'rugged' looking 208 estate. Every colour is bland .... 3 greys, 3 whites, dakota brown (a.k.a Bistre - by they way still not a Bistre on here yet??) , Virtual blue and black. Dull. Dull. Dull. The car I saw last night was Cumulous Grey - they most boring 'no paint grey' imaginable and hardly made the car 'ping'.
I think they've pitched this car at the 50/60 age group - slightly higher up (well a LOT compared to the RCZ - I reckon the door sill on the RCZ is about ankle bone on me and the 2006 is mid calf). But I think they're missing a trick with perhaps the 'yummy mummy' brigade (as the boots is plenty big enough for a pushchair/pram) but I think it would be more desirable if there had been perhaps a Moroccon red in there too?
Biggest gimmick has to be the little neon strip lights that run along the edge of the Cielo roof (they match the little lights round the instrument cluster). But there's no Xenons, no centre arm rest and the ipod connectors are just in the 'sweetie slot' under the heater dials. I hate the thought of my ipod being on display. Personally that would mean rewiring it into the glove box.
One pro is that it comes with all weather tyres are standard, Goodyear ones. That would prove very beneficial in the North East of Scotland.
My Dad (being a decent sized farmer build) didn't like the position of the central door pillars - he found he was bangin his shoulders on it getting out - especially if the seat is back for longer legs.

HOWEVER ... my head HAS been turned by the 208GTI (argh, I'm a diesel driver!) .... there was a Bianca white in the show room and the demonstrator was Moroccon red .... defo gonna have myself a test drive of one of them. Being under £20K, I reckon the money I'd save monthly could go towards the extra tank of fuel a month! I loved the black leather seats with the red trim and the hint of the retro '205 tartan', and the red kinda "dip dye" graduate effect on the plastic trims. One seriously cool wee car. I'd must prefer driving that around a multi storey carpark :) .... and Steve said he can see J1DLH on it ... me too unfortunately!!!

Hahaha...I passed a black one yesterday with dealer plates and it looks horrendous. I wouldn't even be tempted to look inside. Hateful looking thing!!

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Hahaha...I passed a black one yesterday with dealer plates and it looks horrendous. I wouldn't even be tempted to look inside. Hateful looking thing!!

I hope you don't mean the GTi? They're a cool wee motor like!!!!

A

Anonymous

I think he meant the 2008.

It's a shame that in the flesh it's rubbish. I remember looking at the press photos and it looked amazing to me.

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
mrizzle said:

I hope you don't mean the GTi? They're a cool wee motor like!!!!

Nooooo nooooo noooo. The 208GTI looks awesome. Bin the tractor engine and join the petrolheads!!!

Tomas_90

Reaction score
I knew the 2008 was gonna be completely horrible the first time i saw it. That concept of small SUV's in general are just the dumbest idea ever. Amazingly people still buy them for whatever reason. :?

A

Anonymous

The vauxhall mokka looks terrible in photos but there's a blue one like bellow near me and it looks great in the flesh

t110jim

Reaction score
Sorry Donna drove the 208 gti last week over the struy not impressed was quick drove ok don't like the red on facia or door handles.handles well but a bit noisy prefer xy must be getting old would be better with 2.0 hid out of RCA more torque :D :D

A

Anonymous

t110jim said:
Sorry Donna drove the 208 gti last week over the struy not impressed was quick drove ok don't like the red on facia or door handles.handles well but a bit noisy prefer xy must be getting old would be better with 2.0 hid out of RCA more torque :D :D

Totally agree.
The interior of the 208 GTi looks awfully naff and cheap, not impressed one bit. :thumbdown:
The XY looks more classy, and the limited edition Ice Velvet is nicer again, IMO, even though the XY is top of the 208 range.