What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

1st Trackday today

A

Anonymous

I will be leaving shortly for my 1st ever trackday, it's a small track in Llandow - South Wales. I have always wanted to do a trackday and go to watch many but never actually done one(too many thoughts of crashing or someone crashing into me). Finally plucked up enough courage and trackday insurance and really looking forward to it now thou. Hopefully the car and I will come back in one piece. :eusa-think:

FGRob

Reaction score
Which car are you in, I've done a few track days - great fun, the only advice I would give is very simple, drive your own car and not the one in front, always do a cool down lap and don't put your hand brake on after coming off the track - it will distort your disc's, other than that have fun.

Here's me at Silverstone last year - watch the trafiic though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfJSWYPBxrk&NR=1

Rob :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

cheers Rob, thanks for the tips and advice, reading this off my phone so I will look at your video when i get home. My car is a lotus exige and thier tyres come with very little tread even new which should be interesting in these wet conditions.

A

Anonymous

SIlverstone looks a great track to go on, I really enjoyed today, the track dried up and the exige stuck to the track amazingly well. Would definately recommend i to others.

A

Anonymous

Pughy3 said:
........ it's a small track in Llandow - South Wales.

Hi Pughy3,

Been round that track a few years back in a VX220 - thinking about it, it's about 5-6 years ago now :helpme:

It's a fun little track and a great day usually had by All.

Is the little Go-Kart Track still down there as well :beer:

Hope you had fun and got some good pics to go up

FGRob

Reaction score
Pughy3 said:
SIlverstone looks a great track to go on, I really enjoyed today, the track dried up and the exige stuck to the track amazingly well. Would definately recommend i to others.
Glad you had a good day, especially in your Lotus :thumbup: you want to try Anglesey, been on that a few times both wet and dry, in fact its the circuit that Tiff used to compare the RCZ against the VW.

The best circuit for me was Donnington - before it was cut up for F1 then failed, :cry: Silverstone is a bit flat for me, but saying that I've not tried the new layout yet, I was supposed to go Oulton park this month but I've not had chance to book it due to work at the house, plus taking on the RZC :dance: :dance:

Rob.

A

Anonymous

Great to see a few other track day fans on here although it has been a good few years since my last one. I'm looking at the moment to buy a cheap track day toy and weekend car, so I'll let you know I get on.

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:
Pughy3 said:
........ it's a small track in Llandow - South Wales.

Hi Pughy3,

Been round that track a few years back in a VX220 - thinking about it, it's about 5-6 years ago now :helpme:

It's a fun little track and a great day usually had by All.

Is the little Go-Kart Track still down there as well :beer:

Hope you had fun and got some good pics to go up

Hi Gorwell,
I had a VX220 before the Lotus, it was a great car for the money.
The Go Kart track is still there, my 12 yr old boy couldn't go on the track because he had to be 13 :( , so he had 2 sessions on the Go Kart's to cheer him up and he loved it.
Didn't get too many pictures I'm afraid :eek: but I have attached 1 of me on track and 1 with me waiting to go on.

FGRob said:
Pughy3 said:
Glad you had a good day, especially in your Lotus :thumbup: you want to try Anglesey, been on that a few times both wet and dry, in fact its the circuit that Tiff used to compare the RCZ against the VW.

The best circuit for me was Donnington - before it was cut up for F1 then failed, :cry: Silverstone is a bit flat for me, but saying that I've not tried the new layout yet, I was supposed to go Oulton park this month but I've not had chance to book it due to work at the house, plus taking on the RZC :dance: :dance:

Rob.

Would definiteley like to try more tracks out, I was in Silverstone yesterday (Ford Fair Show), looked a perfect surface and somewhere where you could reach some good speeds. I would like to go to Castle Combe next, been there many times but never been on the track

tonyrcz said:
Great to see a few other track day fans on here although it has been a good few years since my last one. I'm looking at the moment to buy a cheap track day toy and weekend car, so I'll let you know I get on.

It is good to see some trackday fans, I look forward to hearing from you when you get your new toy. :thumbup: